2012 College Football Thread-o-rama

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by Fuller, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

Haven't really paid close attention to NCAA football in nearly a score. But that is all changing now that I have a kid going to a Big 12 school.

Goooo Horny Toads!
  2. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Don't get too attached Fuller or you're just setting yourself up for four years of TCU shirts as Christmas/birthday gifts.
  3. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

I'm gonna make an incredibly bold prediction and say Wisconsin will play in the Big Ten Championship Game.
  4. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Everyone year lately it seems is the year Wisconsin is suppose to breakthrough.

But they lose to TCU in the Rose Bowl couple years ago and last year they choked away a possible national title appearance. It is funny how for the second straight year the starting QB will be someone they poached from an ACC program.
  5. Pig

Pig I Am The One Who Locks Cupcake Mod

Wisconsin is definitely the favorite for the Legends. But that division is pretty stacked. I'm seriously thinking my Iowa team could be a dark horse. Schedule is in their favor and they just need consistency. Michigan or Michigan State for Leaders.
  6. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

:huh:

Wisconsin is in the Leaders. OSU and Penn State are both banned. UW only needs to beat out IU, Purdue, and Illinois, which seems like a given.
  7. Pig

Just switch the conference names. Its been months so I got them mixed up. I added the stacked bit because I saw legends. Whoops. Of course Wisconsin has an easy road.

Wisconsin still has to play OSU and PSU so they need to not fuck up still because: Purdue is going to be good, so that's some competition for Wisconsin.
  8. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Can we agree those conference names are incredibly :douchechilling:
  9. Pig

Agreed X 1 trillion

I always get them confused. And I follow Big Ten as a whole more than the NFL. So stupid.
  10. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

:yup:

They fucking suck. I wanted an east/west split, but the douchebag Big Ten had to make it so Michigan and OSU could play in the title game.
  11. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

'six' and 'sex' aren't even close!

big boner
  12. Pig

Just call them east/west and west/east.
  13. y2chae

y2chae Panda

If east and west are good enough for the SEC, it should be good enough for the Big Ten.
  14. Pig

East and west would actually work. Only the Michigan teams screw it up. Considering the mess most other conference divisions are, that would actually be a sensible idea.
  15. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

East West would've been perfect. Natural border is Lake Michigan and the Illinois/Indiana border.
  16. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Have they removed Paterno's name from the championship? I don't remember seeing that after the Big 10 chimed in on the NCAA violations.
  17. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yes I believe so
  18. Pig

Should be the Kinnick Championship trophy now...
  19. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Spider the new Gaelic who's an Iowa fan with no connection at all to them? :thinking:
  20. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Iowa seems to have a good number of fans that don't have anything to do with them.
  21. Pig

My Iowa connections are pretty high and the board is well aware of it. :rock:
  22. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Which is surprising given it's the shittiest state in the country and a pretty annoying campus.
  23. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah of all the Big Ten campuses you'd want to spend a few days in, I would think Iowa would be on the bottom half of my list.
  24. Pig

I thought Iowa was pretty cool whenever I visited it. But I go to ISU, so that doesn't say much.

The stadium and football atmosphere are top-notch though. Tailgating there is awesome too.
  25. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

I thought all of that was really cool and honestly it's a pretty cool campus, it's just the lowest of low going there.
  26. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Iowa was alright the few times I went. Never made it for a tailgate, didn't have a car freshman year and IU played on Halloween junior year so I wasn't leaving B-town.
  27. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Hopefully Spider will not post that fucking stupid poem that Racehorse would every time Iowa wins.

Gaylick does that on another board
    Racehorse, zmz and Pig like this.
  28. Pig

One of my uncles has a bus that he uses for all the tailgates. Planning on hitting that up hopefully for two games this season.
  29. BBJ

BBJ Well-Known Member

Matt Barkley -175 to finish top 3 in the Heisman seems like free money to me.
  30. y2chae

y2chae Panda

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...powerhouse/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t13_a0

So apparently there is a "high school" that has its kids take courses online and they just get together at some YMCA and practice and play football. They have 14 kids going to D-I schools and will play a game on national TV, despite not really being a school.

I think it's time to end the association in this country with "amateur sports" and schools. Kids with elite athletic talent should be placed in professional environments when they reach 14 or so, just like how the rest of the world does it for soccer and now basketball.
  31. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

I saw

and I was all, :fin:

I'm convinced. End high school sports immediately.
  32. spiffie

spiffie Got his zipper stuck

In Heaven there is no beer
    That's why we drink it here
    And when we're gone from here
    Our friends will be drinking all our beer
    Racehorse likes this.
  33. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

34. spiffie

spiffie Got his zipper stuck

35. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

Is that some sort of Hawkeye Moonwalk?

The Hawkwalk!!
  36. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Are you surprised that dipshit has a high school named after him in South Carolina?
  37. y2chae

y2chae Panda

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/24/cooper-barton-oklahoma-st_n_1826730.html

More derp related college football stuff.
  38. BURGH

BURGH Lafferty, Daniel

Joliet Catholic v. Providence is on ESPNU

deep dicking
  39. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

This ain't no high school holla!
  40. BURGH

BURGH Lafferty, Daniel

Jollyett's half back is a Verbal to USC. Looks fierce.
  41. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Mike Alstott?
  42. Team Speed

Team Speed Well-Known Member

Jollyet Cathlicks coach is a total Bill Swerski
  43. samram

samram Bon Vivant

OSU fans are a bunch of fucktards. Fuck the whole sport

[​IMG]
    Ziggy likes this.
  44. BURGH

BURGH Lafferty, Daniel

:bunk:

deep dicking
  45. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

46. Pig

I hate Ohio State so damn much.
  47. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Of course the dead-enders and the one or two Ohio U. football fans will watch but I really hope that game and their whole season does not draw a big national audience. I get the media coverage for the first home game but the program deserves nothing but apathy.

And congrats Ohio State fans on not getting it, at all.
  48. s=D

s=D Message Board Historian

Did anyone here go to a school that was a first week fluffer for the big schools? I wonder what the campus atmosphere is like during that time.
  49. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah I can't imagine being all riled up at a MAC campus in week 1 to be fodder for some Big Ten power. Probably though, either there is no football culture at such school so no one really cares and if the school has a decent mid major team they all probably rally thinking they can get the upset.
  50. Pig

Iowa is playing Illinois State in 2015. So much conflict!