2012 College Football Thread-o-rama

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by Fuller, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Quaye

Quaye I basically hate Jeans

I'm really not in the position to say what is or is not innocuous sexual violence, especially considering the girl killed herself over it.

That said, it seems unlikely you're going to get a lot of police hours in that investigation, football player or not, if that's the extent of her claims
  2. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

Seeberg suffered from depression, although she had never attempted suicide before.

I suspect that it was not the assault that drove her to suicide, rather the supposedly harassing texts and threats from other footballers. That is just my guess, although we will likely never know for sure.
  3. Quaye

Right but obviously there would have been no texts if not for the assault. It's just a pretty terrible situation all around, is all there really is to say about it--but once again, there was probably no "cover up" from the university if the above account was the account that made it to police
  4. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

Yeah, I would have to agree with that conclusion
  5. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

put an asterisk on the season
  6. Quaye

at the bottom, where the asterisk connects with the information meant to supplement the season, it should read "ZMZ chugs cock"
  7. zmz

Petrino to Western Kentucky

:andruw:

What are the chances he stays more than 1 year?
  8. Quaye

only variable in him immediately leaving in 2014 is whether anyone will hire him
  9. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah I agree- like I said I didn't mean to imply that I don't think anything happened by saying "there was nothing to cover up". I would bet a lot of money something suspect happened. Now whether or not the actual incident in question got the fair investigated it deserved is another story as is the level of victim intimidation that happened. And if a regular dude did this, how much work the police would have done with that claim.

But I think the broader point is that this likely happens in almost every college football program. Which shouldn't be surprising given the amount of players in a college football program (over a 100) and at least 1 out of 100 dudes in society is probably a shithead. Add to the fact most college football players probably feel entitled or invincible due to the way society has treated them, I'd imagine it's not crazy to say on average each team has 1 player that has tried something sexually aggressive towards a female.

Only real thing to take way from this is that ND can't say they do it the right way anymore. They are no different from other big time programs on how they operate now. Nothing wrong with it, you do what you do to win. Just keep the moral grandstanding out then.

And yes Jezebel is usually a worthless site, it's no surprise they are in the same media network as Deadspin. And their video game site Kotaku is usually bad as well.
  10. y2chae

y2chae Panda

A joke if Illinois doesn't hire him in 2014. Although if he has a good year, they might lose out to a Big 12 or SEC school.
  11. Quaye

I don't know how your second to last paragraph necessarily follows. They deserve criticism, but this broad sweeping statement that they "can't say they do it the right way anymore" doesn't make sense to me. Me personally, I don't give much of a shit about "doing it the right way" but most of the shit they think qualifies for that has nothing to do with the investigation of a claim that police--sadly--wouldn't investigate in most circumstances.
  12. zmz

Great stat...forced fumbles:
    Manziel 1
    Te'o 0
    :mj:
  13. Quaye

Best way to evaluate a defensive player is based on the flukiest play in football.
  14. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Cato Institute Shill

So apparently Johnny Manziel has a way out of his league girlfriend...
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...s-johnny-football-taken-164808757--ncaaf.html

Someone should tell the kid, that this chick is going to dump him when he ends up on the Texans' practice squad;that way at least he can get some quality smash time in with no emotional attachment. I mean, good for your bro, get it in while you can and put it on this bitch's face.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy I Can Get Laid in Germany

/Lovie Smith
  16. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

In the non-airbrushed pic, she looks like she's 40.

Stay out of the sun, ladies.
    1951Campbell likes this.
  17. Quaye

No homo but...out of his leauge? Dude is a Heisman trophy winner from...TEXAS. I think it goes Jerry Jones, Jerry Jones's original face, High School longsnapper, Heisman trophy winners in the Texas pecking order.
  18. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

He's a goofy looking motherfucker, but literally the only 20 year old in the country with a fuckin' Heisman. So yeah, he's basically like Bieber with a dick.
  19. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Riiight?

Looks are pretty secondary for dudes that accomplished. Must be nice.
  20. Quaye

He's 20? 20 year old true freshman? Who is he, Loftus?
    Ziggy and FedEx like this.
  21. zmz

*redshirt freshman

#nitpickingzmz
  22. BURGH

BURGH Lafferty, Daniel

Johnny Football is waist deep in the clunge

deep dicking
  23. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah, pretty sure Johnny Football can get balls deep in any broad in Texas.

And yeah so she's a model- so what? She isn't famous and he clearly is. He has all the leverage in the relationship at the moment.
  24. Quaye

Oh he's a redshirt? Then what's the controversy about? People left him off their damn Heisman ballot because....he had spent 2 years in a college football program? Bunch of you know what gentlemen
  25. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Just one of many things about college football that aren't logical.
  26. zmz

yeah they redshirted him his freshman year because Tannehill was still there.
  27. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

Now Lauren Tannehill... There's a talented gal. :erection:
  28. Quaye

A Jeans boner is like a regular boner only it goes inside one's body
  29. BURGH

BURGH Lafferty, Daniel

Tannehil and I once had a wife swap

deep dicking
  30. Retarded Ox

Retarded Ox I wish Quaye would hug me.

Maurice would find something wrong with her
  31. y2chae

y2chae Panda

The Tannehills are pretty religious... wonder if they banged before marriage.
  32. Retarded Ox

Usually the stricter they are to their religious beliefs means the freakier they are :lol:
  33. Quaye

Ox knows because he's really religious
  34. Retarded Ox

in church right now
  35. Quaye

Skyride?
  36. Retarded Ox

37. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

I tried to post an "elbows too pointy" .gif, but shit's all blocked at work.
  38. 1951Campbell

1951Campbell Free Legal Advice/Beatles Hater

39. rustysurf83

I totally just bookmarked that brobible site.
  40. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Buddy of mine lives on that site.

But he's a Twins fan, so fuck him.
  41. rustysurf83

42. Team Speed

Team Speed Well-Known Member

Had Cincinnati -9 tonight. Never in doubt.

:andruw:
  43. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

:mj:

What a finish
  44. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

I wasn't paying a lot of attention but Rutgers looks like a Big 10 team. Good defense, boring offense
  45. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

46. 1951Campbell

1951Campbell Free Legal Advice/Beatles Hater

Quaye likes this.
  47. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Bob Stoops, complete piece of shit:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...cholarships-heupel?eadid=SI/COM&sct=hp_t2_a14

48. chops

chops never met prope

Notre Dame has to vacate all their wins in 2012 and 2013 for something

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/...oves-again-vacating-wins-is-stupid/ar-BBJ8wxV
  49. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

chops likes this.