2016-17 NBA season

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by Stockdale4Veep, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Stockdale4Veep

Stockdale4Veep Knows the Dewey Decimal System

Apparently Noah didn't give 2 fucks about Clevelands ring ceremony and kept taking practice shots

He went 0-1 in a Cleveland blowout
  2. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

veep following the NBA?

:faint:
  3. Cheeses

Cheeses Chárles le Brun Cupcake Mod

4. Stockdale4Veep

We have been over this
  5. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Tech the 16-17 NBA season
    Ziggy, Cheeses and Team Speed like this.
  6. y2chae

y2chae Panda

And the obligatory

:faint:
  7. Stockdale4Veep

:hattip:
  8. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

In a blowout win against the Sixers last night, Thibs played Wiggins and Towns for 38 minutes, and he played Levine for 39 minutes.

Some guys never change.
  9. Stockdale4Veep

10. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

11. y2chae

y2chae Panda

No way Minn takes that deal. In fact they'd be stupid to trade either Towns or Wiggins. More likely they trade Dieng and/or Payne and possibly Rubio
  12. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Lets play a game of NBA players who make over $15 million a year that don't even average double digit points

Allen Crabbe 4 years $75 million 8.5 PPG (1 start this season)
    Evan Turner 4 years $70 million 8.8 PPG (0 starts this season)
    Chandler Parsons 4 years $95 million 7.7 PPG
    Bismack Biyombo 4 years $72 million 5.1 PPG (1 start)
    Ian Mahinmi 4 years $64 million has only played 1 game this season, never has averaged 10 PPG
    Joakim Noah 4 years $72 million 4.1 PPG
    Luol Deng 4 years $72 million 6.5 PPG
    Timofey Mozgov 4 years $64 million 8.6 PPG
  13. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

I was kidding of course, but I just thought it'd be fun to see Thibs do something like that.
  14. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

That Parsons money......
  15. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

ESPN going all in on NBA teams resting their players for road games during the regular season. Last night and tonight they've been showing tweets from fans who are paying money to see players.

Here's a solution: shorten the regular season to 66 games, but we know that isn't going to happen.
  16. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

17. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

I'd hate for this to be a knee-jerk reaction, but he's a mental midget.
  18. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Cato Institute Shill

Derrick Rose just goes MIA and misses a game....blolololololololol. Dude has the mental capacity of a fucking toddler.
  19. zmz

Rumors are he's back in chicago. Sounds like a reggie rose scheme
  20. Cheeses

21. y2chae

y2chae Panda

What an idiot this guy is. So amazed that the Bulls got legit assets for him- Lopez who is a legit NBA starting center, and Grant who the Bulls don't seem to realize he's probably their best overall point guard. At least they didn't at the start, he got a lot of DNPs so Rondo could play.
  22. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Mr. Bullshit Suburb

Once an asshole always an asshole.
  23. Ziggy

Ziggy I Can Get Laid in Germany

Too Soon

:rimshot:
  24. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

I think they're high on Carter-Williams. He can't shoot, but he's got intriguing size and gives a lot of effort on defense.
  25. y2chae

y2chae Panda

MCW plays defense but he's a complete bum on offense
  26. zmz

He at least is better/has more value than Tony Snell
  27. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

28. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Charles Oakley forceably ejected from Knicks game and arrested after he said something to the owner.
  29. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

DeMarcus Cousins traded to New Orleans.
  30. DepaulSox

DepaulSox Well-Known Member

The NBA All-Star Game is a spectacle that is hard to really put into words. Makes you kind of appreciate the MLB All-Star Game even with its flaws.
  31. y2chae

y2chae Panda

What a deal for the Pelicans. The only asset they really gave up was Buddy Hield. But obviously the chance of him developing to a Cousins like player is around 1% and would be years away. The only thing of value they gave away was the draft pick but it's top 3 protected. It's a deep draft and the Pelicans are only 1.5 games out of a playoff spot it could easily be a non lottery pick.
  32. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Just noticed the score for the 1st time

:andruw:

Is that a record? I know the scores are always ridiculous, but didn't think they got over the 160s too often.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  33. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

I only watched about 20 minutes before shutting it off. Boring as shit. Maybe 2 guys strolled back on defense per play. The only fouls occurred when somebody wanted to get subbed out. 90% of the shots were 3s and poorly executed alley oops.
  34. DepaulSox

DepaulSox Well-Known Member

Right, I mean absolutely no fucks given at all for even running back and trying to play defense, but its not even like the offensive side was solid. Just kinda guys throwing up threes and behind the back shit without even trying.

Just kinda had it on in the background last night while watching Youtube shit, but I was trying to figure out who this appeals to. I can't see any hardcore hoops fan wouldn't invest any time in this, but in terms of All Star festivities across all sports, this has to rank at the bottom.
  35. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

The headlines on SC were "Durant lobs one to Russ" and "Davis was allowed to score as much as he wanted."

:greatstory:
  36. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Frank Isola is tweeting that the Knicks are thinking about releasing DRose. Also, the Vertical is saying that Noah is done for the season.
  37. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Bring him back! Makes as much sense as anything else they've done.
  38. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Superstar Noah
    Ziggy and Prope like this.
  39. Cheeses

Is Rose bad this year?
  40. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

http://deadspin.com/nba-teams-reportedly-want-to-trade-for-derrick-rose-bu-1792584338

41. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

He's been better than expected and looks good physically. Still batshit mentally tho.
  42. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Rose's value was solely dependent on his ability to get to the basket and finish or as a secondary role, get to the basket, draw defenders and create an open look for a teammate. This is because as it was pointed out, he's never been a good 3 point shooter or a plus defender. Thibs turned him into an average defender that gave effort but now since he's gotten more weird and stubborn as he's aged and without Thibs to influence him, he's a dogshit defender in an era with elite PGs where you need your PG to play defense. To compare, Westbrook's defense plus minus is 4.4.

He can still get to the basket and score but not at the level he could when he was MVP. That's also decreased his ability to create assists. His usage rate is also way down because for those Bulls he had to do everything and now he's playing with Porzingis and Melo. Basically he's only effective when he has the ball, so his value actually diminishes when he plays with other star players.
    maurice likes this.
  43. Stockdale4Veep

Will he be the first mvp winner to not make the HoF?
  44. y2chae

y2chae Panda

45. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

46. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

I'm not sure Steve Nash is a HoF'er in my world, but then again I've debated whether or not Shawn Marion is HoF worthy.
  47. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

2 time MVP, 8 time All-Star, and white.

Yeah, I think he's a lock.
    y2chae likes this.
  48. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

:helloexactly:
  49. SABRSox

SABRSox Hollywood Mega-Hunk Bob Balaban Cupcake Mod

I can't believe Rose never learned how to get to the free throw line. If your game is playing as a slasher, at some point you should have learned how to draw fouls.
  50. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

I once saw a video that showed Rose playing and it gave the idea that Rose was awful at drawing fouls because of the way he can contort his body to avoid contact. Additionally, it said because he so often contorts his body while in air, it causes his body to not land in a natural way. Thus, as the author of the video suggests, his ability to avoid contact led to his ultimate demise through knee problems.

If I cared enough, I'd find it.