2016-17 NBA season

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by Stockdale4Veep, Oct 25, 2016.

1. SABRSox

SABRSox Hollywood Mega-Hunk Bob Balaban Cupcake Mod

How did no coach ever say to him "it's basically two free points every time somebody touches you"?
  2. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

He should spend the entire offseason watching video of Harden.
  3. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Can't. Has too much sex belting to work on.
  4. y2chae

y2chae Panda

His MVPs were due to Kobe raping a chick and the league wanting a whole white guy as the face of the league at the time. Kobe didn't get a single vote in 04-05, probably a mandate by the league not to give him any votes and then in 05-06 Kobe averaged 35.4 points a game and finished 4th. Also for some reason I guess the voters didn't think a 21 year old Lebron James deserved to win as could you argue he was already a dominant force by then. Dirk was also playing at a MVP level those two years too. Nash didn't deserve those two MVPs, but he is certainly a HOF player.
  5. Stockdale4Veep

Stockdale4Veep Knows the Dewey Decimal System

I used to get in arguments with maurices at work saying there are no good white players. I'd say Nash or Dirk, their response would be "thats south african/german"
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  6. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Larry isn't white. Larry is clear.
    Stockdale4Veep likes this.
  7. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Nash also isn't south African
    maurice likes this.
  8. Stockdale4Veep

He was born there?
  9. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

His parents are British and he lived there a whole 18 months.

He's Canadian.
  10. Stockdale4Veep

Show me a birth certificate!
  11. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

I had such high hopes for Veep in this thread.
  12. Stockdale4Veep

In the end i don't really care where he's from
    sycked likes this.
  13. Cheeses

Cheeses The canvas can do miracles Cupcake Mod

I don't think anyone here cares, either.

:cmon:
    sycked and Stockdale4Veep like this.
  14. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

15. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Bogut breaks his leg less than a minute into his Cleveland debut.

:andruw:
  16. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Fuck him.

17. y2chae

y2chae Panda

18. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

19. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Going to Bulls v. Rockets on Friday.

Thoughts? Prayers?
  20. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Bulls liable to give up 150 points

Or play really inspired basketball and shut the Rockets down only to lose a few days later to some shitty team.
  21. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

The things is, my kids are both PG so they're fans of all the elite NBA PG.

In other words, they'll be rooting for Harden to light the Bulls up.
  22. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Jimmy pretty much plays PG in the 4th quarter.
  23. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Or takes turns with Wade.
  24. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Dirk went over 30,000 career points tonight.

Dirk is the only player to have amassed 30k points, 10k rebounds, 1k 3-pointers, and 1k in blocks.

He now joins Kareem, Karl Malone, and Wilt as the only players in NBA history have 30,000 points and 10,000 rebounds.
    chops likes this.
  25. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Shaq also thinks the Earth is flat.

:mcnabb:
  26. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

I think this is all a big joke.
  27. Ziggy

Ziggy I Can Get Laid in Germany

28. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

29. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Examples?
  30. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Sure, search 'Derrick Rose' on Twitter. There are many there.

I can't get to twitter on my school's computer, so you'll have to do that.
  31. y2chae

y2chae Panda

32. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Cleveland loses to Atlanta after entering the 4th quarter with a 26 point lead.

:what:
  33. Cheeses

Cheeses The canvas can do miracles Cupcake Mod

34. Team Speed

Team Speed Well-Known Member

I didn't watch the game at all so no idea on the validity of his complaints, but this is tremendous.

35. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

Must yell TAKE THAT FOR DATA at every opportunity from this point on.
  36. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Westbrook's historic season comes to an end. I feel sorry for the guy.

Oladipo was shitty, and OKC's backup guard was -23.

Even Harden was negative on the night. The Rockets simply had far more depth.
  37. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Westbrook is a maddening player. He's the only reason his team is in the playoffs and even competitive in the playoffs yet he makes some bad decisions down the stretch. Granted his supporting cast isn't good but a open 3 attempt by Oladipo or Dougie is better than a contested 3 when double teamed off a screen.

He shot 38% in the series and 26% from 3 (while jacking up 10 a game). Also 6 turnovers a game.

You can see why Durant pussed out and left, he probably felt he couldn't get Westbrook to take the bad elements out of his game. Durant is still a pussy though, joining the team that he had a 3-2 lead on in the conference finals, he takes a ton of blame for blowing that series too.

Also Patrick Beverly went to my high school but never played for the basketball team, because of shitty coaches (and probably racism).
  38. y2chae

y2chae Panda

:micdrop:
  39. y2chae

y2chae Panda

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...warriors-top-nba-draft-prospects-skip-combine

I remember when this happened I was a weight lifting noob so I didn't really know how heavy a 185 lb bench press would be. I'm not a very strong bench press guy, I can't do a 185 max rep. I can do 140 at 5 reps. So I figure I could probably do 170. But it's crazy to me that my max rep wouldn't be that far off a 7 foot elite college basketball player.

That said I agree with his point, Durant's skill was to put a basketball in a basket, not lift weights. And that being good at the bench press has nothing to do with the skills you need to be a superstar basketball player.
  40. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Durant has to push the bar a mile when he's benching, it's not a shock that he was (or still is) awful at it. But yeah, a lot of the static strength stuff they make players do in the NFL/NBA combines is worthless.
  41. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Agree that a basketball combine is rather worthless relative to a football combine, but his lack of strength really reflects a lack of work ethic and a tendency to rely solely on his unbelievable natural talent. Look at all the praise he's received this year for working harder on defense . . . the implication being that he was lazy on defense before.

This quote is laughably pathetic:
    Yeah, of course you're mommy told you that you're perfect the way you are and don't have to work harder to get even better. Meanwhile, LBJ is hitting the weight room so he stays better than you and maybe wins another ring this year.

"Body type" has literally nothing to do with it. I'm sure that plenty of smallish NBA guards can push 185 easily and max out around 300 because (like LBJ and Jordan before him) they understand that S&C makes you an even better player. Hell, he needs to look no further than the other forward on his own starting line. Durant is posting career high rebound and block numbers (despite playing career low minutes)...yet they're still lower than the smaller guy who plays next to him and simply outworks him both on the court and in the weight room.
  42. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Durant is probably going to get a ring instead of Lebron because he made a super team ever more super.
  43. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

I don't often listen to Waddle and Silvy, but an interesting point was brought up: Can the pre-Durant Warriors be considered a super team? Curry, Thompson, and Green were all draft picks that developed into what they are. This is different than, say the Heat, where 2/3rds of the team developed elsewhere, and then came to Miami.
  44. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Current Warriors are like the '80s Lakers?
    Drafted Magic, Worthy, etc. Traded for Kareem.*

* Not in that order.
  45. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

Boston gets the #1 pick

Because Boston sports really need a break
  46. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

47. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Can thank the shitty Nets. We all knew how horrible of a trade that was at the time.
  48. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

But who do they take? The last thing they need is a smallish PG.

Possibly better off trying to trade the pick for a package that gets them a big.
  49. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

Fultz is 6'5"
  50. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

And all thug. /somechicuntfanatic