2016 Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Take my Konerko, please?' started by IWMB, Jul 21, 2016.

1. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Here we go

2. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

Cell, I mean sell.
  3. Cheeses

Cheeses Do not be afraid to crush the cucks with your mind Cupcake Mod

No Shields move?

:heston:
  4. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

Get rid of Robertson and Duke for sure. Hear they're getting lots of calls on Eaton. That may bring back something interesting.
  5. AnthraxFan93

AnthraxFan93 BASEBALL GURU

Doesn't matter.. They will sell off and get the next Avi.. Rinse and Repeat. Until the owner dies, the fans will live in baseball hell.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  6. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

Nothing I hate more than leaving in baseball hell.
  7. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

Sale and Anderson are the only untouchables. Trade everyone and throw in Robin and see if anyone notices.
    Fuller likes this.
  8. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

:holdsit:
  9. AnthraxFan93

I'd be interested to know the team..
  10. Cheeses

Would be interesting to know what the so-called kings ransom is
    gbergman and AnthraxFan93 like this.
  11. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

All the gold you could eat!
  12. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I'd like to know the specifics but everyone should be on the table. If the Red Sox or Dodgers are offering their top 7 or 8 prospects, you take that deal.
  13. Retarded Ox

Retarded Ox I wish Quaye would hug me.

Although I agree with Chae that there are no untouchables I wouldn't trust the organization as a whole to develop said top prospects received. This whole shit show needs to be torn completely down from Williams to the bowels of rookie ball. Right behind the need for actual prospects is the need for a whole new philosophy organizational wide.
  14. BeviBall

This exactly. It would be one thing if we had Theo Epstein running the show instead of Theo Huxtable. Here's what we would get for Sale: Avi Garcia's slightly fatter brother, 1-2 white guys from the NL that will immediately post career lows, 2 arms where the ceiling would be Sergio Santos-esque for one while the other immediately has Tommy John after his first start in the system, Adrian Nieto comes back and some fuck named Barry/Berry.
    Ziggy, sycked, Cheeses and 2 others like this.
  15. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

Chuck! It's Marvin! Your cousin, Marvin Berry!
  16. y2chae

y2chae Panda

The MLB scouting of this franchise is horrible.

I would say the only positive right now in the organization is our new scouting director. The 2016 draft looks great so far. Very early yes but it's better than it looking shitty so far.
  17. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

"We're mired in mediocrity," Hahn said. "That's not the goal. That's not acceptable. … The goal was to put ourselves in a situation to win a championship, and (being) stuck at .500 or around .500 doesn't do that. We may well have to adjust and take a longer-term view and take a different approach going forward."

:helloexactly:

Open for business.
  18. BeviBall

KW must be seething, or dead, for that to come out publicly. This is why I can't toss Hahn away willy nilly. I feel that if they take his training wheels off, he may just do a good job.
    maurice likes this.
  19. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

:dotell:
  20. SABRSox

SABRSox Hollywood Mega-Hunk Bob Balaban Cupcake Mod

They'd need an organizational rebuild, from Jerry on down. I like Hahn, I think he has some potential, but there is way too much loyalist behavior in this organization to expect the sweeping changes and patience necessary to return the club to sustained winning baseball.
  21. Retarded Ox

Retarded Ox I wish Quaye would hug me.

Exactly, I think Hahn could be good but he would be a guilt by association firing on my part
  22. samram

samram Bon Vivant

I'll believe it when I see it.

I also don't trust that they can actually identify good players, even those who are near MLB ready. Which doesn't mean they shouldn't try to rebuild, it just means they should probably do it with new management, by which I mean definitely not KW.
    Ziggy and sycked like this.
  23. samram

samram Bon Vivant

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/bo...l-showing-no-inclination-to-deal-key-players/

"Mired in Mediocrity" should just be the marketing slogan for the next 5 years. Take the pressure off.
    Fuller likes this.
  24. Cheeses

25. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

Given resources, etc how is it fucking possible the Jndians have a better franchise than our "beloved" SOX?
  26. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Cato Institute Shill

Hiring a manager that actually wants the job and has some semblance of experience was probably a key step for the Indians...
  27. Stockdale4Veep

Stockdale4Veep Knows the Dewey Decimal System

ESPN reporting cubs are close to getting Chapman
  28. Cheeses

Great, it's either our division rival or our city rival.

:gun2:
  29. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Who cares if the Tribe get him? He won't resign there.

If they win it all, whatever, anyone is better than the goddamn Flubs.
    maurice and zmz like this.
  30. AnthraxFan93

31. BeviBall

It all comes down to the shitty front office.

If they don't trade him, KW and Rick won't make the playoffs because they are incapable of building a playoff team around him.

If they do trade him, they are incapable of getting the right players and developing them into a playoff team.

Bunch of total gay gentlemen.
  32. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Most of the writers proposed packages are trash. Sale is a Cy Young level pitcher who is under team friendly cost for 3.5 years. He is worth 3 top 50 prospects and 5 top 100 prospects.
  33. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

They're using Cole Hamels to compare to Chris Sale?
    :ok:
  34. AnthraxFan93

And most fans overvalue their teams' players. Let's hear your proposal then. Please identify the team and package you would move him for. While I don't disagree, he has the talent to be a CY Young winner.. Sale should be the one moving, at this time. His off the field antics is becoming a distraction from baseball.

The Sox have the chance to replenish their farm and show their fans they understand their 2006- current plan hasn't worked. And they need to go in a new direction. I just don't see Sale being moved overall for several reasons.
  35. AnthraxFan93

Who should they have used to compare too that was traded?
  36. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Hamels is a very good pitcher but at the time he was traded, he was 4 years older, his contract is like $12 million more per year and his stats aren't as impressive as a NL pitcher
  37. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Dude he doesn't just have the talent to be a Cy Young winner, he's the fucking front runner this year. The ideal trade for Sale is Moncada, Benintendi, Devers, Kopech, Swihart and a couple lottery ticket arms.
  38. AnthraxFan93

No, NO and FUCKING Hell NO.. Nothing with Boston. Stay the hell away.. Just ask the Marlins how those can't miss prospects from the Tigers worked out for them.
  39. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Wtf are you talking about?
  40. AnthraxFan93

How did the Tigers get Miggy.. follow-up.. Who was the Tigers GM that made that trade?
  41. y2chae

y2chae Panda

What specific trades are you talking about that you don't want the White Sox to trade with the Red Sox?

The Red Sox have the best farm system in the game.
  42. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

He's one of the very few elite SP in baseball. If you honestly think this stupid uniform thing has dissuaded any team from pursuing him or diminished his value in any way, you're naive.
    Ziggy and y2chae like this.
  43. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Why is chae talking to himself?
    BeviBall likes this.
  44. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Never mind.
  45. BeviBall

Anthrax gets mad at Chae coveting Red Sox farmhands by using the Tigers players in the Drinky deal with Florida years ago as his example.

:derp:
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    CaptainBallz, Ziggy and y2chae like this.
  46. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

A fan probably can't accurately predict a precise "package." These trades often (usually?) are 3 way affairs (giggity) because a single farm system doesn't have enough talent to pull it off.
  47. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

48. Cheeses

49. y2chae

y2chae Panda

50. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.