2017-18 NBA Season

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by Cheeses, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Cheeses

Cheeses Nice game, pretty boy Cupcake Mod

"Screamin'" Steven Smith and LaVar Ball on Sportscenter after LaVar's kid's 1 for 6 debut.

:douchechilling:
  2. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I wish someone would kill Lavar
    guythe673 likes this.
  3. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Although ESPN is the bigger joke for putting this clown on TV
  4. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

I'd really like to want Lonzo to be good, but Lavar makes it so hard.
  5. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

God damn't.
  6. y2chae

y2chae Panda

7. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

I fell hook, line, and sinker for a series of Fake Woj tweets regarding Eric Bledsoe/Earl Watson. It wasn't until after I posted how you guys should look into them before I realized the mistake.
  8. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

9. y2chae

y2chae Panda

BUT THEY ONLY IDENTIFIED 5 SECOND ROUND PICKS WORTH TAKING AND WHEN THEY WERE OFF THE BOARD THEY REALIZED THE BEST DECISION WAS TO SELL TO MAKE UNCLE JERRY HAPPY

Fuck GarPax
  10. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Bledsoe to the Bucks.
  11. y2chae

y2chae Panda

People insist the NBA is boring because it'll just be Warriors vs Cavs again. But I present 4 highly interesting teams this season: Sixers, T'Wolves, Bucks and Celtics. Next year will be even more interesting as the young and upcoming stars on the Sixers, T'Wovles and Bucks are a year older and closer to their prime while the Celtics get Hayward back. Not to mention the Knicks appear to a legit team without Melo and Phil Jackson around. Their future would be even better if they weren't stuck with Noah's ridiculous contract.
  12. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

Embiid had an absurd 46/17/7/7 statline last night. I pray that he and Simmons can stay healthy. The Process worked
    Ziggy and maurice like this.
  13. chops

chops never met prope

Bucks all the way.
  14. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

I'd also add that Houston is fun as hell to watch and, while New Orleans may never put it together, they currently have two phenomenally skilled bigs who are 27 and 24 years old.
    ...against two legit veteran C in Lopez and Bogut. There's just a ton of young talent coming into the league right now.

Anybody talking shit about it sounds like a racist :oldman: .
  15. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

y2chae and chops like this.
  16. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

17. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Harden playing at a MVP level again. Yeah not sure about NO. They just have almost nothing around Davis and Cousins. Would be interesting if they moved to another team. That said Cousins is a FA after this season and Davis has 2 years so it won't be long if they sign with contenders.
  18. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Rockets scored 90 in the 1st half last night.
    142 for the game.
    chops likes this.
  19. samram

samram Bon Vivant

Based on the Bulls' first quarter on Wednesday, they could get to 142 maybe by December 1.
    Ziggy and chops like this.
  20. zmz

Celtics are the real deal. And Hayward has been out all season
  21. zmz

:yeesh:
  22. Cheeses

PTA meetings, here he comes!!!
  23. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Okafor to the Nets, finally.
  24. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

25. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

After Green returned from injury, Bell remained in the starting lineup and is essentially now the starting center for the best team in basketball.

:gar:
  26. zmz

[​IMG]

Nike's special NBA jerseys are out. Miami's are incredible
  27. Cheeses

28. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Philly and Bulls ones are good
  29. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Bulls one is dope, might get a shirtsey of it when they come out. Would be the 1st piece of Bulls clothing I've owned in like 10 years.

Fun fact about Miami's - the logo is taken from the old Miami Arena.

[​IMG]

Very cool, although would be better in black.
    sycked likes this.
  30. Unregistered

Jerseys should just say “Vice City” instead of Miami.
    Deuce, sycked and y2chae like this.
  31. y2chae

y2chae Panda

This doesn't exactly belong here but since Craig Sager was a NBA guy, I'll put it here. Apparently when Sager died, he was on shaky terms with his kids. He had cheated on his children's mother with a much younger woman, left his wife and married this new chick. The kids weren't even in the will. Craig Jr went public with it yesterday:

People aren't perfect I know, but kind of sucks to hear this stuff after all the feel good tributes that occurred when he passed a year ago.
  32. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

He remarried in 2001 and had 2 kids with her. They're both still minors.

Adult kids need to get over that shit.
    chops likes this.
  33. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

Isn’t it the norm in these cases for the evil second wife/caregiver to write everyone out of the will when the man is terminally ill?
  34. Cheeses

Sounds like second wife is a :cunt:
  35. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Classic gold digger haps
  36. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Took just 3 months but the worst of the LaVar Ball clown shoes tour has come out. He publicly trashed Luke Walton and Lonzo is too much of a pussy to go against his dad. When asked Lonzo just said "I'll play for anyone" and "I don't decide who coaches me". The Lakers don't have a first round pick next year, have a worse record than the Bulls. People actually thought LeBron would go there? Why? Just because it's LA?
  37. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

I would love to know how much of Lonzo's money is being used to fund these pop-up stores for BBB, and how much is being used for his younger brothers to live the good life in Lithuania.
  38. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Well his brothers are getting paid to play in Lithuania and I'm guessing it's pretty cheap to live there. A lot of Euro contracts come with housing included too. Probably being used to fund BBB though.
  39. chops

chops never met prope

LaVar is probably the biggest POS alive?
    y2chae likes this.
  40. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

He has a house there. OTOH, he could just join some other HOF players with strong CA connections in Houston. Tough call.
  41. Unregistered

Can't wait to see the Lonzo Ball 30 for 30 complete with Todd Marinovich comparisons.
    Ziggy and chops like this.
  42. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

My favorite part of the Marinovich 30 for 30 was them going to Whitlock and him saying, "I like to call him Marijuanavich." Whitlock had the biggest shit eating grin on his face thinking he came up with some comedic gold with that line.
    chops likes this.
  43. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Whitlock is probably going to die of a heart attack
  44. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

100% agreed.
    chops and y2chae like this.
  45. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I imagine LeBron really doesn't have that much free time during the NBA season so what's the real advantage of being in LA at that time? I guess better weather during the winter but not enough to off set being on a team with Lonzo, Julius Randle, Kuzma and some bums. No first round pick next year and no salary cap flexibility. A roster of the Lakers plus Lebron and Paul George would win some games because of Lebron but they'd get their shit pushed in by the Warriors when the important games happen.
  46. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Rumor is that they want to get rid of Randle, so that would leave:
    - Kuzma and a PG who can't shoot vs.
    - Harden, Paul, Capella, etc.

:thinking:
  47. y2chae

y2chae Panda

And it's not even that Lonzo can't shoot. Presumably he can improve on that. It's why go to an inferior roster AND deal with Lavar's bullshit? If you are Lebron James, why put up with that?
  48. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

Pop up BBB stores?

Are they giving out shit for free? I’ve actually noticed a few dopes out and about wearing BBB hoodies. Can’t imagine anyone in Chicago paying money for one.

:mcnabb:

Also, not at all “in the know” about the NBA, but I’m sure LeBron going to LA would be entirely dependent on him getting to play GM again at which point I’m sure Lonzo (namely LaVar) will be dumped for pennies on the dollar. Would be interesting to see if Magic Johnson would play ball if that’s the case.
  49. chops

chops never met prope

Steve Kerr giving the business to LaVar

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...s-lavar-ball-kardashian-nba-article-1.3745782

And apparently the saps who buy his shit, don't get it

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...f-grade-probably-nike-and-adidas-complaining/

:balelaff:
  50. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...pop-up-shop-in-new-york-and-drew-a-huge-line/