*2017 Discount Codes / Giveaways / Ballpark Meetup Haps*

Discussion in 'SOXual Healing' started by skottyj, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Cheeses

Cheeses Nazi Supermen Are Our Superiors Cupcake Mod

2. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

Pros: Girls will regularly walk around in their underwear as a rule.

Cons: They will be fucking slobs
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    Deuce and maurice like this.
  3. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Better fucking not. Neither one is attractive.
    y2chae likes this.
  4. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

5. chops

chops knows the brett favre of divorce

boner's rising!

post of the year

:dab: :deathofboners:

fuck that
    Team Speed likes this.
  6. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

[​IMG]
    Deuce likes this.
  7. AnthraxFan93

AnthraxFan93 BASEBALL GURU

It all feels the same with the lights out..
    whitesox901 and Cheeses like this.
  8. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

Got an email for a survey about the ballpark app. Code for 2 free tix at the end
  9. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

Got a stack of student achievement codes at work. Good for 2 tickets each... probably have 40 codes in total. My students didn't even want them.
  10. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Got an email from our big boobed pal Alexa about premium seating.

Which reminded me, when is Z gonna hook us with Home Plate Club tix? :waiting:
    Ziggy and y2chae like this.
  11. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

[​IMG]
    IWMB likes this.
  12. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

:helloexactly:
  13. Alanzo

Alanzo Well-Known Member

Stubhub wouldn't let me sell my free survey tix so I listed on another site. Red Cubs game obv
  14. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

They would have ate them up if Chance would have worn that Sox hat.
    sycked likes this.
  15. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

16. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

17. skottyj

That link is all fucked up; at least it is for me.
  18. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Weird, works fine for me.

19. chops

chops knows the brett favre of divorce

The Blue Jays do something similiar, or did anyway, it was like 90 bucks for a season upper deck pass and if tickets were available X hours before the start, you got a seat.
  20. Cheeses

Didn't FISK take advantage of that?
    chops likes this.
  21. skottyj

Saturday night I was hungry at the park; got the Wok Off place in left where the Hooters was last year. It was pretty fucking good.
  22. Alanzo

Alanzo Well-Known Member

Hawk alarm clocks going for an easy $40+ on eBay. Will probably sell my two unopened that route
  23. y2chae

y2chae Panda

:biglaff:

At the people paying $40 for those. It'll probably stop working in 2 years.
  24. Team Speed

Team Speed Fun Bad

I wouldn't mind one for a novelty to stick on a shelf in the office. I can't imagine actually using it. $40 doesn't seem that bad though.
  25. sycked

Yeah, the thought of paying $40 seems a bit silly but if you want it, it certainly isn't all much. I'm sure you had to be in line a good 90 minutes before the start of the game to get one without resorting to cutting in line and pissing off genes. Every decent giveaway day is a shit show in terms of line control.

For the hell of it, I was looking at the cheapest ticket to get in on Saturday and even upper deck corner seats were up to $20 on stubhub and gametime.
  26. sycked

Nice way to profit off of your kids, too. Bring your whole family to the game and hawk (heh) all of the extra clocks to cover the cost of attending.
  27. Cheeses

:500yearslater:
  28. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Sycked to me: "lol @ all these RF Sox :gene: buying/selling this thing on eBay"

On this board: "it certainly isn't all much"

I stick by what I said: :biglaff: to anyone who pays $40 for it
  29. sycked

I would never pay out of pocket for a promo item. With that said, if you were dead set on having this item and couldn't make it or didn't get one at the park, the sheer novelty of it makes $40 a bit more understandable. Compare that to say... the hoodie a few weeks ago which was also selling on eBay for north of $40. That's just idiotic. Just spring the extra cash and buy a quality hoodie at that point.
  30. sycked

Just siding with Team Speed is all. The minimum price to get in if you waited until the day of the game was at least $20. Factor in getting there at least an hour early and then the need to be there in the stadium (if you actually stay to watch the game) where you may be inclined to purchase food/drink and you're quickly approaching $40 in order to get one of these in person. Assuming you don't value being at the game itself... which I certainly don't.
  31. sycked

This should be easy to understand for someone that was at the park by 5:45 for a 7:10 start a few weeks ago when they had the reusable bag giveaway. You paid $12 for tickets and easily had a few beers before the first pitch.
  32. y2chae

y2chae Panda

You can't factor in the price of food or drinks into the price of the giveaway. The price, at most, is the what you've paid to get into the park.

Point of my whole post is was, outside of this board, to me in person or via text would make fun of and rip on people that spend money on eBay for a Sox promo item. Yet you chime in here to equivocate on the topic. Own up to your opinions man.

In conclusion: you are a :fagot:
  33. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

:sycked:
    Cheeses likes this.
  34. Alanzo

Alanzo Well-Known Member

On big giveaway days I walk over to gate 5 and the lines are almost never long.
  35. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

:what:

Gate 5 is always the most crowded, since everyone coming off the Red Line goes straight there.

We went to Gate 3 all the way to right and got in within 10 minutes.
  36. Alanzo

Alanzo Well-Known Member

You're right. I am thinking of the wrong gate then-- Gate 2 is where I walk to... the one is that's all the way around on other side after the bike parking. It's a lot smaller and you have to walk up ramps from the getgo but almost never crowded and the last to run out of promo items. Most people parking from the dan ryan end up going thru gate 3 and like you said gate 5 is a cluster from all the metra/cta folks. Gate 3 is OK but I find that has a lot of people looking confused standing around which is annoying.

Anyway, for reference:
    [​IMG]
  37. skottyj

Public can't get in to Gate 1. It's the entrance you use if you do a parade on the field before the game.
  38. Alanzo

Alanzo Well-Known Member

Yeah I had to reword my post to say gate 2. basically I dont know the fucking number and had to look up the map to confirm.
  39. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

And Patio Parties.
  40. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Gate 2 is pretty much just me and people going straight to the BP Bar.

DaveFromOrland14 won't use it because there's no escalator and he's obese.
    CaptainBallz and sycked like this.
  41. AnthraxFan93

I went to the game Saturday, Went to Gate 5 from the C parking lot. Got my clock as did the other 7 people in my group. I think we were 3rd in line. Longest part was getting the tickets from my buddies phone.
  42. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Did you wait outside 2 hours before first pitch?
  43. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

3rd in line

:yeesh:

+1 and I got in line around 4:45 and were in before 5. Killed time in Extra Base until the game started.
  44. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Anyone interested in going to the straight double header Friday of Memorial Day weekend? I'm also interested in going pretty much any other game that weekend too.
  45. skottyj

I haven't been to a patio party in a year or two but you used to go in Gate 2 for those and walk past the Bullpen bar. Gate 1 was exclusively used for pregame stuff cause it feeds into the center field gate in the fence so you do your lap on the field then come up the stairs and actually enter into the park in the outfield concourse by where the rain room is.
  46. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Patio party is gate 1 now. That's where me, IWMB and sycked went through a month ago.
    skottyj likes this.
  47. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Yeah, and it's annoying cuz you have like 500 kids and their families waiting to get in for the Parade there. Gate 2 would be better.

Thursday night I left the Kraft Kave after the 1st and Gate 2 had a ton of shirts left. Of course my brother and his friends got in the park at 7:30 from tailgating in Lot C and didn't get them, think they walked in 3.
  48. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

I'll probably have some extras for the Sunday game, as usual.
  49. AnthraxFan93

Nope, took us longer to walk to the gate then it did to get in.
  50. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Kids birthday?