A wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by maurice, Mar 20, 2009.

1. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Sure, but keep in mind that the dad is a pussy, so his greatest fear is that his boys will grow up to be pussies like him.

Of course that's not the actual problem with the kid, who is just really nice and loves playing basketball while facing the basket. I taught him a high ball rip, and he was horrified at the prospect of accidentally elbowing a defender. He's not a kid who is afraid to get hurt. He's a kid who doesn't want to hurt somebody else.
  2. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Speaking of basketball injuries, the weekly game I played in the winter we would have this guy who tries really hard, opposite of soft but doesn't seem to understand the #1 rule of pickup ball is to play in a way you won't injure someone. That is you don't try and take a charge, don't dive for a loose ball at someone's legs... stuff like that. A few of the guys in the game have blue collar jobs, so they need to be able to have working ankles and knees to ensure they can go to work so we had to tell him to chill out a bit, we aren't pros.
  3. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

Great season just wrapped up tonight. My little Reynolds team won the state duals last month and state individual tournament tonight (PA record 8th title). Also extended our record of most 3-time medalists.

But what really has tongues wagging is the 126 lb AAA final between Franklin Regional's Spencer Lee (#1 in the world) and Austin DeSanto of Exeter. Lee was unbeaten in his career and going for State title #4. Only 2 wrestlers in PA since 1961 have won out in their careers. No one had even lasted 6 minutes with Lee this post-season until this morning's semi-final. And only one other person had gone the distance in Lee's postseason career. But DeSanto got a takedown in the final second and pulled out the 6-5 upset in what many observers are calling the best wrestling match they have ever witnessed.

The showcase final in class AA did not disappoint either with Reynolds' Cole Matthews (#8 in the US) vs. Central Cambria's Max Murin (#6 in the US) for gold at 138 lbs. Matthews held a 1-0 edge when Murin escaped with just one tick on the clock in the 3rd period, tying the match. No points in either Sudden Victory, Tie breaker 1 or Tie Breaker 2. As Matthews was attempting to ride out the Ultimate Tie Bracket for his 2nd state title, Murin escaped again with :05 left to take the victory, 2-1 UTB. The loss prevented Reynolds from eclipsing the AA team point record.

Both DeSantos (AAA) and Murin (AA) were named Outstanding wrestlers.

https://www.facebook.com/pcntv/videos/10155132889008588/
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  4. Fuller

Retherford is such a beast.

And so is Nolf
  5. Fuller

Nittany Lions put 5 in the national finals. Too bad Suriano couldn't wrestle...
  6. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

:lol: @ Gilman. Tried to stall his way to victory and gets taken down with 6 seconds left in regulation by a kid who refused to stop wrestling.
    Fuller likes this.
  7. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

saw an old bag down at the farmer's market in sarasota this morning, had a penn wrestling shirt on.
  8. Fuller

State Penn?
  9. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

I can't believe IMar lost. Sanderson dominates again.
  10. Fuller

What a Murderer's Row Penn St has! 5 National Champs: 2 freshman, 2 sophomores and a junior. I'm not sure if Suriano could have beaten Cruz at 125, but I guess we will find out next year....