*Around MLB Haps - 2017*

Discussion in 'The Other 29' started by IWMB, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Cheeses

Cheeses Nazi Supermen Are Our Superiors Cupcake Mod

Are you in DC?
  2. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

No, San Fran. Giants/Braves tonight. My buddy got to take me in for a little tour hours before the game. Now drinking in the lot.
  3. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

:gg:
    IWMB likes this.
  4. Cheeses

:notbad:

Need to get to both Bay Area parks.
  5. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Oakland is a fucking dump, went 3 years ago.

Counted last night and this will my 15th park, counting ones that are gone. (Including SkyDome and new Yankee, which I've toured - and then saw football at the ladder)
  6. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

If there's a better view in sports, let me know. [​IMG]
    Fuller likes this.
  7. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Flowers OPS is over .900

:heston:
    Ziggy, zmz and Cheeses like this.
  8. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

9. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

:nope:

Oakland and mountains in the distance and the ocean to the right is way better than a bridge and buildings.
  10. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Scenic Oakland

:andruw:
  11. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Scenic Pissburgh

Not like you see the details of the city, hence I said in the distance.
  12. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

13. y2chae

y2chae Panda

14. DepaulSox

DepaulSox Well-Known Member

I can name a better view. Probably the same ballpark, about 50 rows lower.

You're so far up in the nosebleeds that you can't even see homeplate because clouds are blocking it.
  15. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

DePaul drive by!!

Drink
    DepaulSox and IWMB like this.
  16. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Here's the best part: These are what they give the employees

I told my buddy "WTF, there's no way in hell the SOX are sticking their employees on the 500 level"
  17. DepaulSox

Yeah I mean it's an awesome view, but that looks like it's near the top row of the upper deck. Definitely puts us to shame here.

San Diego's a decent view too. Great shot of the Gas Lamp District and shit.

[​IMG]
  18. DepaulSox

Christ, Chicago sucks.
    Cheeses and IWMB like this.
  19. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

It was row 8 of the UD. Of I'd guess 25.
  20. DepaulSox

Bryce went out there and took care of bizness on Hunter Strickland. Earned a little bit of respect from me. Also scared the shit of Strickland by acting like he was going to throw his helmet at him but then tossed it away. Good shit.
  21. y2chae

y2chae Panda

If by "taking care of business" you mean simply charging the mound. He landed 1 out of 4 punches and then went flailing backwards as everyone else rushed in. And that 1 punch he landed didn't faze Strickland at all. Don't get me wrong, Strickland is a dickhead for throwing at Harper for something that happened 3 seasons ago but taking care of business would be landing an Odor to Batista like punch on someone.
  22. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Posey is a fucking pussy. Stand up for your teammate, I don't care if you agreed with him doing it or not.
  23. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Was wondering what was up with that. Strickland may have told him he wants a piece of Harper since he's 6'4" and 225 lbs.

The best non catcher interference was when Perez finally got tired of Ventura's shit and let Machado throw a few punches at him and take him down.
  24. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

I also think Harper was definitely trying to hit Strickland with his helmet and just held onto it too long and threw it right in the dirt. Wasn't supposed to be a "caught you flinching" move.
  25. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah I think he shanked that helmet toss. Which I'm okay with the batter using as a weapon after they got plunked by a 95 mph fastball to the hip
  26. y2chae

y2chae Panda

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...nts-washington-nationals-ken-rosenthal-053017

27. DepaulSox

Chae, Harper did more than 95% of batters do which is that bullshit "hold me back" while standing at the plate. Harper went after him and didnt wait for his teammates to get there. You can nitpick that he didnt land all of his punches, but he showed zero pussy in what he did. Hard to land punches running full throttle at someone waiting for you, but you got to respect that he went after him.
  28. whitesox901

whitesox901 Aubergine Dreams

I have no qualms with Posey letting Harper go at em and telling Strickland "you're on your own".
  29. Cheeses

Pujols hit #599 tonight.

:notbad:
  30. chops

chops knows the brett favre of divorce

31. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

The Astros just swept Minny and scored 40 runs in the process

32. Iwritecode

Iwritecode Writing Code Again

For those keeping score at home, only five of the 14 Angel batters who came to the plate in the inning put the ball into the outfield without an assist from the Braves’ defense. 10 of those batters hit ground balls, one hit a fly ball, two hit line drives, and one walked. The Atlanta defense committed three errors and two other Angel batters reached on a fielder’s choice in which no outs were recorded. :lol:
  33. Cheeses