Bears Offseason Haps

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by whitesox901, Jan 1, 2017.

1. whitesox901

whitesox901 Aubergine Dreams

:cutler:

Season sucked. What should the game plan be? How fucked are they going forward?
  2. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

1. Tell Fox to get over his shit with Fangio.
    2. Fire Loggains. Hire Mike McCoy.
    3. Resign Alshon
    4. Target S, CB, T in FA.
    5. QB - 2 options:
    A. Do you trade for Jimmy Garrapolo? If you do, I just wouldn't be willing to part with the #3 overall pick. Second round and maybe a later pick would be preferable. I'm assuming any deal with Garrapolo would also include signing him to an extension.
    B. Draft, which is cheaper and you get to develop the player your way, though I imagine Garrapolo's development hasn't been that bad.
    6. I'd draft Jonathan Allen.
  3. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Pass on Alshon. Some team is going to give him $12 million a year and he can't stay healthy
  4. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Mr. Bullshit Suburb

Big time :pass2: on Alshon.
  5. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

There's no denying that I'm a draft nerd, and one of my favorite people to follow for the draft is Matt Miller from Bleacher Report. He sent a lot of Bears fans heading to youtube over his mock today:

I really think he's just trying to be the guy who first said it.
  6. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

So you think his call is horse dookie?
  7. Stockdale4Veep

Stockdale4Veep Knows the Dewey Decimal System

Or clean?
  8. chops

chops never met prope

I see no way in which this help the Bears, fuck Jimmy. He screams of Matt Flynn, Matt Cassell, Ryan Mallett, etc.

:pass:

and :pass: on Alshon too
  9. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

10. y2chae

y2chae Panda

John RFox
  11. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

I hope they ask him why he hasn't drafted a QB yet, when he has said that was his plan when he was first hired.
  12. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

They're murdering Pace.
  13. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Why didn't the media go after Fox hard?
  14. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Also Hub said the guy Pace wanted to hire was Dan Quinn, not Bowles
  15. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Pace said the last thing you want to do is panic and sign bad character guys. He barely unpacked his office before he signed Ray McDonald.
  16. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

17. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Cato Institute Shill

SF is going to take Watson at 2 and the Bears better not pass on Allen to reach for Trubisky. I think there's a possibility that they grab a QB in a later rounds and that Cutler is back next season. It is playoffs for bust for Fox and I dont know, assuming that he has the level of roster input that we think he does, trusts a rookie QB. He probably doesn't trust Jay Cutler either, but Jay might give them the best potential to win now and his cap hit is only $16m. I have heard people talk about trying to get Romo, but his hit is almost $25m and this team has too many holes to pay the QB that much. I also don't know if Jerry Jones is even going to get rid of Tony Romo. Maybe Tyrod Taylor?
  18. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

19. y2chae

y2chae Panda

20. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Good for Howard, seems like a good dude in the interviews I've heard him give.
  21. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Seems to me that every year around this time I hear people in the media say that the upcoming QB class is bad, and it's not worth drafting one high. I've heard it about this class, and then curiously, it's always the next year's that the group of QBs that will be want you want. Of course, that will last until this time next year, when that crop of QBs is the worst anybody has ever seen.

Point being: you can't find the franchise QB until you invest in the franchise QB. If Trubisky, Kizer, or Watson are a reach at the 3rd pick, then we better start evaluating how important having a franchise QB really is.
    zmz likes this.
  22. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

23. chops

chops never met prope

cutler looks like a giant tug
  24. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Looks like he didn't work out when he was on IR. His buddy in the speedo or whatever that is looks like a dickhead
  25. Cheeses

Cheeses Chárles le Brun Cupcake Mod

26. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

The holding onto the ball for far too long....that neck twitch thing he does....forcing the ball into double coverage...locking onto one receiver all game long....throwing off the back foot.....I'm going to miss it all when we finally get rid of the disease that is Jay Cutler.
  27. SABRSox

SABRSox Hollywood Mega-Hunk Bob Balaban Cupcake Mod

We're gonna win 4 games with him next season.

:bearman:
  28. Fuller

29. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 3m3 minutes ago
    According to multiple reports, that cap rise is expected to go from a touch over $155M in 2016 to $168M in 2017 (this year).

To be clear, w/ rollover at $8M, the #Bears will have close to $54M in cap space BEFORE cuts due to a league wide cap rise.

When all is said & done w/ projected cuts of Cutler, Houston & Royal, #Bears should be sitting close to $80M in space to open FA.
  30. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I'd like a FA class starting with: CB (AJ Bouye), S (Eric Berry), OLB (Nick Perry), RT (Ricky Wagner) and maybe S (Barry Church) if the team isn't sold on Amos. Bring in a guy like Mike Glennon to compete for the QB job and either sign Kenny Britt to add depth to the WR group.
  31. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Bouye is on my FA must have list. So is Wagner. Berry is probably going to be the biggest contract you give out, unless he's franchised again.

Also, the more I read what scouts say, the more I love the idea of taking Malik Hooker at #3.
  32. Fuller

He's from New Castle!
  33. Fuller

34. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Malik Hooker out 4-6 months with surgery on his labrum and hernia. This upsets me greatly.
  35. Zoso

Zoso *autistic screeching*

36. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Maybe slips to second round?
  37. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Depends on how his medical goes during the combine. I still think he's a top 20 guy. When you look at the two guys last year, Smith and Jack, the concerns were if Smith could ever play again and how long Jack could play. I'm not sure, at least I don't think, you have those same concerns with a labrum and hernia surgery.
  38. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Don't think he shows up to the combine now
  39. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Probably not, but I still think there is some value in him going through the interview/physical process. At the very least it might help alleviate some concerns, and probably make the 'Football is Life' crowd impressed he came.
  40. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

No idea how this guy is a professional athlete. Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 8.06.52 PM.png
  41. Cheeses

That's the body of a guy who loves slammin' brewskis.
  42. Zoso

Zoso *autistic screeching*

Every QB looks like that
  43. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

He also hasn't been working out or anything. Not that uncommon to put on a little weight when you're done for the year.
  44. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Not to mention some people have great natural athleticism. Also QBs don't need to be shredded to be successful. Roethlisberger, Eli, Stafford seem pretty flabby. Jameis Winston had a little gut on him when he got drafted, maybe he's shredded now after 2 years of being in the NFL.
  45. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Imagine if they did keto.
  46. chops

chops never met prope

he just looks like a tug, fuck that guy
  47. SABRSox

SABRSox Hollywood Mega-Hunk Bob Balaban Cupcake Mod

48. chops

chops never met prope

49. Cheeses

50. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

If they can get him without surrendering the #3 pick, birth of all boners.

Then, sign Eric Berry.