Bourbon

Discussion in 'Alehose' started by maurice, Feb 11, 2013.

1. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

2. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

i always order mine straight up! /some idiot
  3. Zoso

Zoso *autistic screeching*

That's what I order first drink pretty much every time out.

So this is complete fucking crap. Usually the thing to do in response to demand is raise the price.
  4. Cheeses

Cheeses Do not be afraid to crush the cucks with your mind Cupcake Mod

Apparently Maker's is served under varying strengths around the globe, so this isn't exactly unprecedented.
  5. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I work with a guy who says you can't ever cut Makers Mark.
  6. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

all these tards can't even order/drink a drink
  7. Deuce

Deuce Has Dysentery

They raised their prices a while back. It didn't have a significant enough effect on sales.
  8. Quaye

Quaye I basically hate Jeans

9. Quaye

Dude, you'd have to be a real cuntball to want to mix Maker's with anything except for mint and simple syrup. And you know what? Fuck a mint julep anyhow. White trash drink masquerading as a high class drink to begin with
  10. Quaye

Thank you for starting this thread btw Mo. Let's talk Bulleit bourbon. That shit is quality for about 2/3 the price of Makers or Wild T.

You really can't go wrong with bourbon, unlike most liquors, because the overrated shitty edition is actually not a bourbon (Tennessee ain't Kentucky, y'all)
    Deuce and maurice like this.
  11. Cheeses

WL Weller haps? Tried it last month, pretty nice.
  12. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I dont agree with mixing shit into decent bourbon either but Makers is still cheap so if someone wants to cut it with something i dont have a problem with it. It's not like woodford reserve where if you are spending that much money, mixing it with anything is just incredibly dumb.
  13. Zoso

I'll try Bulleit. Never heard of it. I'll probably still order Maker's at bars if the taste is still there...it's not like shit bars carry anything above Beam and below Maker's anyway.
  14. Cheeses

A friend of mine whose opinion on all matters booze that I respect highly reps Bulleit rye.
  15. itsnotrequired

huh? mixing fine booze with clean water is no biggie. i personally don't do it but it isn't like we're talking about mixing with grape juice here...

big boner
  16. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah clean water is fine I was talking about like coke or putting it in a cocktail.
  17. Quaye

$30 bucks a 5th is cheap?
  18. Quaye

Jesus christ miller get with the program
  19. SoxFan76

SoxFan76 Classic Lofton

apparently chae's a baller.

If I'm mixing with coke or ginger I'll go with Beam or Evan Williams.
  20. Infinite1

Infinite1 Master and Ruler of the World

Never really had it.. But if I were to buy it I would mix it with a Hopslam
  21. itsnotrequired

i'm more with it than you could possibly understand
  22. Quaye

ain't nobody talking about whiskey and water, except for when cheeser mixes whiskey, water, and ice
  23. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

Need to drink more Bourbon- -like right now at work.

Also, Knob Creek is my jam
  24. Zoso

You don't mix Maker's with anything. Chae obviously doesn't drink the brown stuff.
  25. itsnotrequired

does water count as a mixer? dudes do that all the time.
  26. BURGH

BURGH Lafferty, Daniel

2 ice cubes or eat male wiener

deep dicking
  27. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Isnt it around $22-23?
  28. itsnotrequired

around here it is
  29. Zoso

That is anathema to me. Ice is fine because it makes it cold and slight dilution is just a side effect. I'm just baffled that people will water down quality whiskey because what, it's too strong? Just drink a beer then.
  30. itsnotrequired

you are aware that whisky/bourbon/scotch is watered down before it is bottled, right? adding a splash of water to booze over 80 proof is not uncommon at all. some dudes don't like ice since the cooling effect hides some of the flavors.
  31. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Honestly only had Maker's maybe a few times in my life. Have drank Evan Williams, Beam and Wild Turkey a decent amount. And I bought a bottle of Woodford Reserve once when I wanted to class it up.
  32. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I was at this wedding party thing (not a reception, don't feel like explaining) and this guy was mixing Knob Creek with Coke. And he wasn't some 20 year old kid that didn't know any better it was some 40-50 year old guy who bought it because he liked the name.

So yeah dude was/is a pud.
  33. itsnotrequired

and makers is often mixed in 'classy' drinks like manhattans or something like that. it isn't exclusively neat or up.

but something like makers and coke? pfft...
  34. Quaye

Well yeah, I mean, what's a Manhattan? Whiskey and vermouth? Vermouth barely has a taste
  35. Zoso

Miller is right about that. If you're having an actual cocktail like a Manhattan, then Maker's is in the wheelhouse. But those aren't very popular drinks. If you're talking about Coke and bullshit lowbrow mixers like that, that's what Jack and Beam are for.
  36. itsnotrequired

if that was all that was there and i was really jammin' for a bourbon/coke and wasn't paying for it, sure, i'll take a knob and coke. its not like i'm gonna jump across the bar and slap the bartender.

sweet vermouth most def has a taste. it's the idea of mixing a fine liquor with some other liquor, not some corn syrup bullshit. same deal as a rusty nail. i'm sure a lagavulin rusty nail tastes incredible.
  37. Quaye

you're a rusty nail
  38. Zoso

Vermouth is wine. It's either dry/bitter or sweet/bitter.
  39. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

had makers and coke on friday. was pretty good
    y2chae likes this.
  40. Quaye

@ zoso:

just like zoso
  41. Quaye

That's a real Kanye drink to be drinking. I expect nothing less from Kanye's #1 fan
    Ziggy, BURGH and y2chae like this.
  42. Zoso

I hate broads who only drink Goose and pop. So you have to pay like 10 dollars a round so they don't get a headache.
  43. 1951Campbell

1951Campbell Free Legal Advice/Beatles Hater

Was it good for the price?
  44. Infinite1

Infinite1 Master and Ruler of the World

They don't get a headache and you get your head... sounds like a good exchange to me
  45. Quaye

woodford is awesome if you can drop a 50 spot
  46. y2chae

y2chae Panda

There was no bartender. The guy brought his own bottle of Knob Creek and was mixing it with Coke because he didn't want to drink it straight.
  47. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah it was 50 or 60 bucks and well worth it.
  48. Cheeses

Costco has Woodford 750 ml bottles for something like $30, which translates to about $35-$37 in regular stores. Or did you buy a handle?
    Deuce likes this.
  49. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Got the double oaked
  50. Cheeses