Bulls 17/18, Who Cares Anymore Haps?

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by Prope, Sep 19, 2017.

1. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

2. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Another example of how dumb it is to judge a player from their first 2 NBA seasons, Tony Snell was more bad than good as a Bull. He's a starter for a Bucks team that appears it will be pretty good this season.
  3. BeviBall

Snell sucks. I'll die on that mountain.
  4. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah but he doesn't
  5. BeviBall

Worth $10.5MM a year?
  6. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

Sucked as a BULL. Numbers on the Bucks are more than solid

Last season: 30MPG, 45% shooting, 40% 3PT
    This season: 31 MPG, 51% shooting, 44% 3PT
    Ziggy and y2chae like this.
  7. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Mirotic makes more money as the third best PF for a shitty team in a league that doesn't require you to have more than like 3 bigs in your rotation any more.
  8. y2chae

y2chae Panda

With the new cap that's like what a $6-7 million a year used to be. Even if he's just a 3 and D player, that's worth it
  9. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Mirotic is neither a 3 or D player btw
  10. y2chae

y2chae Panda

And made himself into a good defensive player.

We traded him for MCW

:balelaff:
  11. zmz

:gar:
  12. BeviBall

We've been waiting for this moment since that tag was created.
  13. BeviBall

Of course. Make the other team better so they'll trade with you again.
  14. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

In a league where almost every team has at least one really good PG and no traditional post player, 3-and-D is the most sought-after player type. It's WAY more valuable than the 5th best big on a terrible team (Mirocic) and whatever you'd call MCW.
  15. SABRSox

SABRSox Hollywood Mega-Hunk Bob Balaban Cupcake Mod

I might be mistaken, but didn’t the Bulls need to pay that money to hit the salary floor?
  16. y2chae

y2chae Panda

The key to the NBA is having an all world star player that can anchor your team and build around that drives the offense and is at least an okay defensive player (or willing team defender). LeBron, Durant, Kwahi, Curry, 2010-11 Rose, Kobe, Dirk, Duncan, etc. (Anthony Davis and The Greek Freak are probably in this list now too) Guys who if you have on your team and given a good coach and roster you'll always win 50 games with.

Other than that you need a decent point guard, 3 and D players and a rim protector to surround your stars. Bonus points if your stars fit some of these roles, Curry is a point guard, LeBron is a great defender, Duncan was a rim protector, so on.

But every recent title winning team has had a rotation of 3 and D guys that help them win. The Warriors have Igoudala, Klay is basically a super 3 and D player and 3 and D is part of Durant's many skills. Cavs relied on JR Smith and Shumpert but it appears to hang with the Warriors the Cavs need to upgrade their 3 and D players.
  17. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Green as well. It's easy to forget since he is also a great rim protector and they so often play without a true C, but he's listed at 6'7 and certainly can guard most SFs.
  18. y2chae

y2chae Panda

After all the talk about how the Bulls didn't get enough for Jimmy Butler... just maybe they got the right amount. It wouldn't shock anyone that Butler is taking a back seat to KAT and Wiggins. But he's actually 5th in usage rate on the TWolves, lower than Teague and Jamal Crawford. His role on the team seems to be defense first and then being the 3rd or 4th ball handling/scoring option.

If LaVine becomes an All Star, the Bulls probably actually win the trade.

GarPax still suck though.
  19. zmz

Baby Dirk has been better than expected. Still wish they could have held on to their own pick.
  20. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah I don't know why they agreed to a pick swap instead of just demanding Minnesota's 1st and Bulls keep their pick. Draft would also look a lot better if they kept their 2nd round pick and took Jordan Bell.
  21. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Hard to be that optimistic wrt a formerly explosive dude with a reconstructed ACL. Especially difficult for a Bulls fan.
  22. zmz

The chances of LaVine becoming an all star are there mainly due to the complete lack of talent in the East
  23. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

I want him back so Holliday plays / shoots much less often than he does now.
  24. SABRSox

25. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Team tanking has a lot of bad players?

:whoknew:

Also, Albert Burneko is kind of a clown.
  26. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

"Here is a list" with no analysis.

:greatjob:
    :yeesh:
    sycked likes this.
  27. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Also while most of that list is accurate overall it's just silly without any defined criteria. Paul Zipser is a 48th overall pick that happens to be part of a rotation on a bad team. In fact any second round pick... who gives a shit if they suck. Buddy Hield plays for Sacramento where every young player goes to die unless you are DeMarcus Cousins. Jamal Murray is still super raw but the potential is there. Julius Randle is actually playing well. Yeah there's definitely a case for guys like Okafor, Stanley Johnson, Mario Hezonja that they should be better than they are. But anyone who cares that Paul Zipser isn't very good needs to get a grip.
  28. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Also Jerian Grant can't seem to learn how to shoot the ball but he current averages 7 assists to 1.5 turnovers a game, there's some value in that.
  29. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Look, Chae, he had a deadline to "write" an "article." Therefore, you should forgive him for just making a list of guys under the age of 25 who are shooting less than 36% from the field and attaching a funny name for a slightly naughty body part.

:journalism:
  30. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Man Holliday really loves chucking.

Kay Felder has a 30% usage rate when he plays. He should never play.
  31. y2chae

y2chae Panda

And there's valid concerns about guys in the league that can't put the ball in the basket with accuracy, after all that's the entire point of the sport. It's just impossible to make any judgement off a young player based on that. Lonzo Ball is shooting 30%. Granted, everyone knew shooting was his weakness but I don't think the Lakers are freaking out about it right now. Draymond Green had an awful FG% his first 2 years in the league. Same with Harden and Westbrook.
  32. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

33. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Robin Lopez who is basically the de facto leader of the team now said Portis shouldn't have punched pussy Niko but these things happen in practice sometimes and the team is putting the incident behind them and moving on.
    maurice likes this.
  34. SABRSox

35. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Portis had 21 points and 13 rebounds in his first game back.
  36. y2chae

y2chae Panda

On 8 of 13 shooting, 3 of 5 from beyond the arc and he added 4 assists. All in just 24 minutes.

Totally should've released him.
  37. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Jimmy did an interview with ESPN where he dissed the Bulls and Hoiberg. Said the players and coaches didn't want to work as hard as he did. Which makes sense, Hoiberg is known for being a relaxed players coach. But then later in the interview he says Thibs is more relaxed and doesn't ride him as hard as he did in Chicago because Thibs realized basketball isn't the most important thing in Jimmy's life.

:what:
  38. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

Whatta dope
  39. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

To be fair he did say, "Nobody wanted to work as hard as me, and I said it was me or Fred and rightfully so, they went with Fred." So, I guess that's credit maybe? Butler must have been a serious nightmare by the end.
  40. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Big, strong, 22YO guy who can shoot 3s and gets paid only $1.5M?

There's no value in that. Instead, give those minutes too...um...Denzel Valentine?

Valentine fun-fact: he's shooting a solid .396 from 3...but only .366 from 2.

:mcnabb:
  41. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah I don't deny he probably wanted Fred to be more of a hardass or taskmaster type. But it's just funny to me later in the interview then he says basketball isn't the most important thing in his life. Which is fine, but don't act like you are hardest worker on the team then.
  42. y2chae

y2chae Panda

KC Johnson was on 670 this morning and he said he expects the Bulls to easily choose Portis over Niko

-Portis is on a rookie deal
    -Portis can actually play with Lauri at the same time because he has a post game, where Niko does not
    -Portis will accept a bench role while apparently Niko thinks he's hot shit and wants to start over Lauri

Yeah lets keep Mirotic.
  43. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

The Bulls typically have either Lopez or Felicio on the court at all times. A "small" lineup with both Markkanen and Portis instead would give them a completely different look.

Also :waiting: for Lopez to start shooting 3s. He's the king of the archaic long 2. His brother started shooting 3s last year. Why does Robin still insist on taking shots from one step short of the line?
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  44. y2chae

y2chae Panda

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/11/08/chicago-bulls-bobby-portis-nikola-mirotic-fight-trade-request

Remember when I guessed Niko probably isn't well liked in that locker room to begin with?
  45. zmz

He’s only on a one year deal so if you can’t get any value for him, just cut him
  46. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

Remember when the rights to Mirotic and and the Charlotte pick were the keys to a dynasty 5 years ago?

RIP.
    Ziggy, zmz and y2chae like this.
  47. zmz

48. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

[​IMG]

Milwaukee Bucks troll Bulls in ticket package advertisement.
  49. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Bevi giving some schmuck the business for making SABR's arguments on FB.
    Ziggy and BeviBall like this.
  50. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Screen caps please.