BULLS Haps 16/17

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by IWMB, Oct 15, 2016.

1. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Too lazy to find KC Johnson's article that came out after the playoff loss but he basically says Michael and Jerry believe GarPax can build a good roster and develop players with Fred and they their jobs are both very safe. Best case scenario for the organization is all of them dying in a plane crash or something.

:clowns:
  2. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Maybe I'll just become a Blazers fan. Maybe start following the Spanish leagues.
  3. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

I might hit the Jazz bandwagon. Nice to see a team rebuild without completely tanking. Especially in the West
  4. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Bulls are losing an entire generation of fans. I see 10x more Curry jerseys than any sort of Bulls jerseys, and almost all of the Bulls jerseys are for a long retired player that kids never saw play.
  5. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Blazers are in a bad spot. Terrible contracts given to Crabbe, Meyers Leonard, Evan Turner.

I would go Minnesota. Obvious connection with Thibs. They have KAT, Wiggins, LaVine and Dieng and Dunn (who was awful, but so was Draymond Green in his rookie year) will round out a nice core. They also will likely have the #6 pick in the draft. If they somehow get #1 and Fultz... watch out. They will have max cap space too (and will likely offload Rubio) would be interesting if they could make a serious run at Durant or Blake. Even Hayward could make sense as they need shooting and slide LaVine and Wiggins to the backcourt. I think it's pretty much a guarantee Taj signs over unless he gets some crazy offer elsewhere. If they win the lottery and get Blake they become the most interesting team in the NBA:

PG Fultz
    SG LaVine
    SF Wiggins
    PF Griffith
    C KAT
  6. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Butler is the only viable player on team you'd buy a jersey for and he's always up in trade discussions. Getting a Bulls Wade jersey would be like getting a Vince Carter Mavs/Grizz jersey.
  7. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

8. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

No different than when I was in high school and everyone was wearing Kobe, Iverson, and Garnett jerseys.

It's a player's league.
  9. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

What if Chance had been wearing a Bulls hat this whole time?
    Ziggy, Cheeses and IWMB like this.
  10. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Right...so, for a team to be relevant, it needs to have a player who is relevant. They had Jordan, obviously, but Rose was one too before the injury. I love Buckets, but grindy two-way players are just not that kind of guy.

Nowadays, it seems like every team in the league has a star PG who sells jerseys except for the Bulls. Maybe they'll keep Jimmy and try to go the Harden route. OTOH, he'll probably just get hurt all the time. Harden handles the burden by playing almost zero defense.
  11. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Jimmy's a 3 time All Star and was a starter this year. And has averaged 20+ PPG each of those seasons. He's a top 15 player. Unfortunately top 15 player + this shit supporting cast = very mediocre team that is very uninteresting. I don't know what team is the right fit for him, but it'd be interesting to see how he'd do on say the Wizards or Raptors- if he could make them title contenders.
  12. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

The Mayor is reportedly a leading candidate for the Ohio State job.
  13. SABRSox

SABRSox Hollywood Mega-Hunk Bob Balaban Cupcake Mod

14. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Mike Brown please.
  15. SABRSox

Would any decent coach actually want to come work under GarPax though?
  16. Cheeses

Cheeses Chárles le Brun Cupcake Mod

17. whitesox901

whitesox901 Aubergine Dreams

18. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Apparently not, upon reading the tweet cheeses pisted.
  19. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Rumors floating that the Sixers and Celtics looking to swap picks. The Sixers would take Fultz, with the C's packaging picks for Butler or Paul George.
  20. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Sounds like a dumb idea for the Celtics. Build around Fultz, Thomas and try and get Hayward.
  21. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Or draft Josh Jackson.
  22. zmz

Thomas is due for a giant max contract. Wouldn't be surprised if they let him go
  23. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah but that's the cost of the NBA now. A lot of worse players than him on max deals. Yeah he's small and can't guard anyone but his pure scoring ability is very valuable.
  24. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Or maybe they really like my boy D'Aaron.
  25. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Fox can't shoot while Fultz is a ready made scorer
  26. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Like I said in the other thread, the Celtics should trade the pick.
  27. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

28. zmz

I mildly enjoyed Fedex's article about rebuilding the bulls on 2k17. Too lazy to link
  29. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

30. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

You should have me on your podcast. I'm at least as interesting as Dr. J.
  31. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Will you send me snapbacks when we're done?
  32. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

Main Man R's back! Means he's trying to self-promote something...

:hello:
  33. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

He probably should post all of his stuff here. Most of the time, it's someone other than Fed who mentions it.

OTOH, I guess clicks by the 8 regular posters on this site don't make much of a difference.
    Unregistered likes this.
  34. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

No attempt to promote anything. I just forget to come here for long bouts of time and something draws me in. It's probably you guys. Because I love you guys. :hug:
  35. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Phil Jackson, who the sport has passed him by several years ago, thinks trading away Porzingis is a good idea.

Butler and Lopez for Porzingis and Melo (to match up salaries) :praying:
  36. SABRSox

Why give up Butler? Wade and Rondo for Porz and trash.
  37. y2chae

y2chae Panda

:andruw:

You don't think the other 28 teams could top an offer that is Wade and Rondo?
  38. SABRSox

I'm sure they could. But which one would crazy Phil actually take?
  39. zmz

:mcnabb:
  40. SABRSox

Also, I'd rather have Jimmy Butler than Porz. If Phil wants to just dump some salary, we can oblige him there, but I'm not willing to part with Butler unless you get multiple assets back.
  41. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Why wouldn't you want a much more valuable asset? Butler has 2 years left on his deal, no real logic he would reup here. KP is younger and has a higher ceiling.
  42. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

:pass2:
  43. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I don't actually want Melo. Melo is to get a bad contract (and who Phil doesn't want) off their hands and match salaries. Anyone who doesn't think this mediocre Bulls team shouldn't trade Butler for Porzingis (basically what the trade is), doesn't understand the NBA.
  44. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Phil is a moron but... no he's not taking that deal.
  45. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

I think KP is pretty overrated by the masses but you'd be silly to not want a 7 foot 22-year-old over a soon-to-be-28-year-old who has almost 13,000 minutes under his belt.
  46. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Phil is stupid but he's not acquire $23M of Dwyane Wade stupid.
  47. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Also you get a likely future all star on his rookie deal, which is how you put yourself in a position to sign 2 other max guys to team him up with. Of course it's GarPax so they'll screw it up, but that's at least the thought process over just maintaining 7-8 seed status with this roster.
  48. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

But can they beat a HS girls basketball team?
  49. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Another huge reason to trade Jimmy. If he fucks around and makes an All-NBA team, you owe him super max money.
  50. y2chae

y2chae Panda

If the Bulls offer a 30 year old Butler the super max:

:biglaff: