Fantasy Football - 2016

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by BeviBall, Aug 4, 2016.

1. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

We still up for a Hapser league?

I set one up through Yahoo.

Max of 12 for now so sign up EARLY. It's also setup as a points league and not head-to-head but we can vote on that if enough people want match-ups (I don't care either way). Waivers are FAAB ($200) with reverse standings order as a tiebreak. Fractional scoring, 0.5 PPR with 2 QBs and yardage bonuses for all skill positions.

The draft is set for Labor Day at 7p but, of course, we can pick another time and date.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    sycked likes this.
  2. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

I like the idea of overall points, but I could see why that might discourage people from playing attention midway through the season.

Ah, fuck it. People stop paying attention regardless.
  3. BeviBall

I'd also like to toss out the idea of this being a keeper league (because where are any of us going?). I would propose nobody drafted in the first two rounds are eligible to be kept. You can only keep 2 players going into next year + 1 rookie (if not drafted in the first two rounds).

Thoughts? Prayers?
  4. BeviBall

I've seen people that lose by >5 points totally check out early as well. Going by the highest scoring teams is probably the most fair way to do it. It would be interesting to try as I've never participated in one but my friends that do love it.
  5. sycked

Great response from this group as per usual, so far.

:flop:

I'm sure this thread will be active af come football season, filled with chronicles of leagues other than our own.
    BeviBall likes this.
  6. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

No matchups?

:pass:

Yea, people get fucked but not having someone specific to root against while you're watching takes a lot of the fun away from it, IMO.

I've always wanted to do one where you have a matchup, PLUS the top 6 get a W, the bottom 6 get a L. It helps to negate the bullshit cheap wins and 110pt losses H2H creates, without totally doing away with them.
  7. y2chae

y2chae Panda

12 people from this board signing up for a fantasy football league?

:balelaff:

Unless it's free, but then expect half the league to not set lineups by week 8.
  8. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I've always wanted to do it that way but Yahoo doesn't have that feature and I'm too lazy to do it manually. CBS does it but last time I checked you still have to pay for CBS. And paying for a fantasy league?

:pass2:
  9. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

10. Cheeses

Cheeses Do not be afraid to crush the cucks with your mind Cupcake Mod

I'm down.

:fuckit:
  11. BeviBall

I'm totally for matchups. It would make for good hapsing. I'll change it later when I have less fucks to give.
  12. BeviBall

Well, you, me, Cheddar, IWMB, sycked, Ox, Team Speed, bergman, Deuce, btrain (??), s=D (??). Definitely not Z because he'll never do anything that has to do without outside-the-board-activity. I have a few people that'll do it. We'll fill 12 slots.
  13. Retarded Ox

Retarded Ox I wish Quaye would hug me.

Trying to ween myself off of fantasy, down to 2 leagues right now and trying to get that to one
  14. BeviBall

And pass up an opportunity to name your team something anti-Prope that everyone here would get?

Bitch please.
    sycked and Cheeses like this.
  15. Cheeses

Can I name my team the gay gentlemen?
  16. sycked

I'll give Ox a pass because he has kids and other legit responsibilities, but that whole "ween myself off fantasy" bs when it's some 25 year old dude with, at best, a gf/wife. Had to join a league last year at the last minute because of that.

:wank:
  17. zmz

:davidcross:
  18. Cheeses

19. Retarded Ox

In my prime I was 5 leagues, last year was three and now two. I just don't have time at least time that I want to waste, before I had a job that I sat in front of a computer all day so it was easy to be on top of shit and research now it's just a tad difficult. When I get home I'm teacher tired and by the time the rats are in bed I just want to lay on the sofa and stare thoughtlessly at the TV
    maurice likes this.
  20. BeviBall

That's the Ox I dream about.
  21. Retarded Ox

If I get out of this other league I will join this shit show, I'll hopefully know by the end of next week
  22. BeviBall

23. BeviBall

Changed to H2H and I'd be up for doing the top 6/bottom 6 W-L as long as there's a way to actually do that on Yahoo.
  24. gbergman

gbergman Legendary Drunken Youth

Taking the season off from FF. I feel like I do not enjoy the games as much because Im constantly checking for updates on my players scoring.
  25. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

spoiler alert: games are not enjoyable
    IWMB likes this.
  26. BeviBall

Any more :gg: interested in this or should the few that registered proceed to fuck themselves?
  27. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

OP was deceiving, I just noticed the link above couple days ago.

Everyone register so we can get a draft time figured out. Or don't, last thing I need is another league to pay attention to.
  28. Pig

Pig I Am The One Who Locks Cupcake Mod

I'm in.
  29. BeviBall

Think a Tuesday or Wednesday night at 8p or similar draft time works best.
  30. BeviBall

Left my only cash league because it sucked and i thought I had a seat at a bigger pot league since they were voting on expanding from 10 to 12. Majority of owners voted to keep it at 10. :fruit:

In short, I got shit else.
  31. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

32. BeviBall

We need 6-8 more teams.

Also:

[​IMG]

:uh:
    sycked likes this.
  33. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

34. BeviBall

If this is going to happen, we need at least 6 more teams. If we get there, how do these dates look for a draft?

8p at Wednesday 24, Thursday 25, Monday 29, Tuesday 30, Wednesday 31?
  35. zmz

36. BeviBall

What, the wifi in your mansion doesn't reach the penthouse?
    Cheeses likes this.
  37. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Can't do Wednesdays, have softball.

Can't do this week, because fuck you.
  38. BeviBall

Tuesday 30 at 8p then.
  39. Cheeses

40. BeviBall

Meaning this is dead in the water (probably) or Tuesday the 30th doesn't work for you?

Also, in another league, I can keep 1 of the following (full point PPR): L. Bell, Ingram, Cam or Jeffery. Thought? Prayers?
  41. Cheeses

30th it is
  42. BeviBall

Well, this ain't happening (to no one's surprise). It was fun to can't wait to dream for a minute.

Now, let us transition to talmbout our other leagues. :yawn:

Trying to unload Lev Bell for a second round pick. I'm off this train. Mental midget, injury prone and having to handcuff Williams 2-3 rounds early doesn't appeal.
  43. Cheeses

44. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

I'm going ZeroRB in all 3 of my money leagues

:fuckit:
  45. BeviBall

I think I might try that as well. When you draft late in PPR, why not? I'm almost thinking I should keep Robinson and Jeffery instead of Cam... but, in our league, QBs get 6 for passing TDs which makes them more valuable and I should be able to get two more stud WRs at 11 and 14 (I would assume Jeffery will be there).

Target RBs like Duke, Woodhead and Powell in the 5th and 6th.
  46. sycked

Went zero RB tonight, sort of, in a joke local league that I won last year. Non-PPR, went Julio Jones 6th (lol) and Dez at 15 before settling on an RB in Thomas Rawls in the mid 3rd. Not big on him. Don't think anyone's going to replace Marshawn's production, but we'll see.
  47. BeviBall

Offering Bell for a 2nd round pick and have been turned down by three people whose keepers absolutely suck. I guess the bloom is way off the rose for him. I have 6 more hours to make something happen...
  48. BeviBall

Traded Bell for a mid-third. All gravy since I wasn't keeping him and this I get a second pick in the first round of keeper-eligible players going forward.
  49. Cheeses

Bell is suspended for a bit to start the reason, isn't he?
  50. BeviBall

3 games and the bye week, so you're missing 1/4 of season. Plus, coming off two major knee injuries and if he gets caught :bong: again, that's a 10 game suspension. Done with it even though he's the best RB in the league.