HAWKS 17/18

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by IWMB, Sep 19, 2017.

1. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

Masterclass in tankage. What do you think Q will be doing at this time next year?
  2. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

They’ll probably go for it again next year.
  3. chops

chops never met prope

This was in the ST over the weekend,

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/stan-bowman-says-blackhawks-core-four-arent-going-anywhere/

“I don’t know if you can ever say definitively on anything, but that’s not at all our focus,” Bowman said. “If anything, we’ve got to try to get their games back. If some of them were nearing 40 years old then you might say, maybe their best years are behind them. But I look at these guys, they’re still young guys. They’re still in the prime of their careers. Maybe not the prime, but close to it. They’ve got a lot of hockey left in them.”

“We’ve got a lot of ground to make up,” he said. “So that’s the focus. We’re not really looking at a bigger-picture focus because we’ve still got enough games here where we’ve really got to get going.”

:balelaff:
  4. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Judging from the lines yesterday I think even Q has stopped caring.
  5. chops

chops never met prope

Hawks raised prices for next season!

Also, if you renew by 2/16 you can win:

• 2 seats behind the glass and pregame dinner with hawks alumni (1)
    • personalized authentic jersey (20)
    • zamboni ride (5)
    • post game meet and great (5)
    Probably going to pass or reduce plan down. Or see if Infinite wants in for a decent percentage.

I'd like to go to South Bend for winter classic, but imagine I can still get tickets after the fact if need be.
    Some of the season ticket events are cool.

:shrug:
  6. samram

samram Bon Vivant

Not watching, but my understanding is there's a PP goal by Tommy Wingels and another goal against from behind the net. Might be heading toward fun bad.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy I Can Get Laid in Germany

:poo: Crow should just take the rest of the year off. You know like :toews:, Seabrook, Keith, and Saad have. Ah, "The "Core"
  8. chops

chops never met prope

7 straight losses.

:bolt:
  9. samram

samram Bon Vivant

It's not like they're just not getting the breaks and losing by a goal. They're -16 in the seven games. Not leaving anything to chance.
  10. chops

chops never met prope

I was never a huge fan of crawford, always seemed to give up some cheap shitty goals and whatnot, but you're right about him masking a lot of problems. Team is really shitty.
  11. BeviBall

Listening to Toews regurgitate the same shit in every post game almost, almost, makes me hate him.
  12. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

They are at the 9th pick right now but just 6 points from the 4 spot. I seriously doubt they could catch Arizona though.
  13. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Flipped it on yesterday and there was just 2 minutes left in the 2nd. Almost made a post about them maybe dodging the LV hangover and then thought better of myself. Didn't watch any of the 3rd.
  14. BeviBall

15. y2chae

y2chae Panda

4 Blackhawks fans ejected last night for yelling "basketball" over and over at Devante Smith-Pelly while he was in the penalty box.
  16. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

17. BeviBall

They have pics. Lifetime ban, pls.
  18. SABRSox

SABRSox Hollywood Mega-Hunk Bob Balaban Cupcake Mod

Nothing short of a very public lifetime ban suffices.
  19. Cheeses

Cheeses Nice game, pretty boy Cupcake Mod

WTF? Yelling "basketball" because the guy is black?

:what:
  20. BeviBall

Would not be shocked if Heather (LarmerAmonteSeabrook / President of the Carlos Lee Fan Club) was nearby. What a fucking cunt she is.
  21. Quaye

Quaye I basically hate Jeans

Dudes in the comments sections the world over going “so now the word basketball is racist? Snowflake libtard cucks!”
    Ziggy and y2chae like this.
  22. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

Now it really is the Nhl

/Heather
    Deuce, Ziggy, y2chae and 4 others like this.
  23. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

24. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Saw at least 4 comments on the Deadspin post that said that followed by "what if someone said 'baseball' to a white player? Is that racist too??"
  25. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Not sure what this author is on about some these points

A run to what? Not a Cup run or anywhere close unless Toews and Keith become Toews and Keith again.

Hossa wasn't playing up his contract. The fact that he's on LTIR is a good thing at the moment. Seabrook was bad before this season.

Well, that's kind of also because Toews, Saad and Anisimov weren't doing shit.

Fans should be happy they have a $10.5 million cap hit for a guy whose best skill right now is winning faceoffs?

They are last place in their division and have the 4th worst point total in the conference.

Almost everything depends on the high priced veterans playing up to their contracts. Probably that AND some of these young guys developing into consistent NHL level players. Anyone who watches this team regularly has assumed the window is closed. Also, the same Leddy that Q never gave a fair chance to and the team traded away as Bevi pointed out the return is now nothing?

I doubt the plan was being this bad this season.
  26. BeviBall

Article is written by some chick.

:pass:
    zmz and y2chae like this.
  27. y2chae

y2chae Panda

She's apparently ESPN's hockey writer and based out of Chicago. It reads like a fanboy piece about how the Hawks aren't in that much trouble and just a few moves away this offseason from going on another Cup run.
    Ziggy and sycked like this.
  28. BeviBall

Reminds me of all the fluff pieces Tracey Myers did before she, mercifully, left town. Hawk beat writers all fall under the same spell and are completely incapable of any sort of criticism.
    chops likes this.
  29. Pig

Pig I Am The One Who Locks Cupcake Mod

Kempny traded to the Caps for a 3rd round pick.
  30. Ziggy

Ziggy I Can Get Laid in Germany

Sounds like the beat writers of every team in town not named the Bears.
  31. y2chae

y2chae Panda

32. y2chae

y2chae Panda

33. SABRSox

Is he still on the radio?
  34. y2chae

y2chae Panda

No, probably why he's so bitter. And I'd guess he's paid for Twitter followers. He has 347k. Laurence Holmes is the highest active 670 personality with 65.6k. Tom Waddle has 100k. Similar comp would be Dan McNeil who has 26.5k.
  35. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Or because he was on nationally for FOX for awhile.
  36. Cheeses

He tweets just like he speaks...like a complete retard.
  37. Cheeses

38. y2chae

y2chae Panda

It's possible but a lot of these no name national sports radio guys have much lower twitter followers. Doug Gottieb, who I would guess is much more well known that North on a national level only has 248k followers and he has a Fox Sport Radio show now, North hasn't had that gig since 2016

Dan Le Batard has a radio show on ESPN, which has far more reach than Fox, and has 370k followers. He's been on ESPN TV a bunch of times too. No way North is just as well known as Le Batard.
  39. SABRSox

basketball-as-fuck