Looking ahead to 2018 aka 2017-18 Offseason SOX Haps

Discussion in 'SOXual Healing' started by maurice, Aug 21, 2017.

1. y2chae

y2chae Panda

You'd think if Eloy tears it up and is up in June and maybe Kopech too, it'd be almost impossible for them to be the worst team in the AL. I think there is no scenario that we want them to be that bad because we need Abreu and Avi to do well to trade value. Maybe even guys like L Garcia and Yolmer. We want Moncada, Delmonico, Davidson and Anderson to develop.

It'd be foolish to put any faith in Shields doing well, so I won't. But we want MiGo to do okay so we can flip him. Same with Soria, Jones (if he's not dead) and the guy we got from the Dodgers. And we want Fulmer, Giolito and Lopez to develop.

If only half those guys play well, then yeah they'll be one of the worst teams in baseball. Ideally I think we want to be shitty but not too shitty, then can trade off Avi, MiGo, the relievers and maybe Abreu to get some more prospects back. L Garcia and Yolmer are potential trade pieces too.
    whitesox901 likes this.
  2. chops

chops never met prope

I like Yolmer, keep his ass around.

Dude just won his arbitration as well, got 2.35mm instead of 2.1mm
  3. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Wouldn't trade Yolmer just to make a deal, he's under control for 4 years and if he plays like he did in 2017 he's certainly an above average starting caliber player.
  4. chops

chops never met prope

Exactly, cheap control and pretty solid. I'm all for trading Avi/Abreu if you can, but also keeping them isn't exactly detrimental to anything.

Fuck it, just sign Darvish, trade for Manny and profit in 2018.
  5. Iwritecode

Iwritecode Writing Code Again

6. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

Unless we can get a return for Abreu comparable to what we got for Q, I'm all for keeping Jose throughout the rebuild.
    Ziggy, zmz and chops like this.
  7. Iwritecode

Iwritecode Writing Code Again

8. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

9. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

:andruw:
    zmz and IWMB like this.
  10. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Yeah, Bevi you high?
  11. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Might be his way of saying take only a deal you can't refuse
  12. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

:helloexactly:

JFC, guys. We're not getting a top 10 prospect for JDA. But, there's no reason to trade him unless you're floored with an offer.