*OFFICIAL* 2018 PyeongChang Olympics Haps

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by IWMB, Dec 5, 2017.

1. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

Oh shit, that's right. One of the field reporters.
  2. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

You could probably start a ToS of cringeworthy Olympics commentary.

Last night, Johnny Weir discussed how Japanese figure skater Miu Suzaki's coaches need to monitor her diet and nutrition very closely because she's such a "fierce competitor."

That's one way to out her as having an eating disorder, I guess.
    chops likes this.
  3. Cheeses

Cheeses Nice game, pretty boy Cupcake Mod

Windy af for the women's slopestyle event -- nearly all of them wiping out on the second jump because it's so windy.
  4. CaptainBallz

Yeah, surprised they're still running those events when it's fail after fail. Fun to watch em wipe out doe....
  5. Cheeses

They cancelled the downhill skiing event but not the slopestyle, despite that involving several big jumps in the air. The competitors are, rightfully, pretty pissed about it.
  6. CaptainBallz

Canada's adding a little extra heat to the ol' curling sheet, noam sayin...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    chops likes this.
  7. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

:cuban:
  8. y2chae

y2chae Panda

NBC's website has the standings for 2018, 2014 and all time medal count. All time is clearly Summer and Winter combined because USA is well ahead in 1st even though they give no mention of that or no mention of the 2016 standings to show that both games are being counted in all time.
  9. CaptainBallz

10. y2chae

y2chae Panda

NBC had to already apologize for that comment. But it's fitting that Americans would try and tell other countries they should be thankful for their Imperial benefactors.
  11. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Every Korean woman raped by Japanese forces will tell you that she learned a thing or two about pleasing a man that would come in handy later.
    Deuce likes this.
  12. y2chae

y2chae Panda

The "Asian correspondent" is some dickhead who is the CEO of Kissinger's Consulting firm, which that company might as well be the poster child of modern day imperialism, capitalism and globalization all rolled up into one.
  13. Cheeses

Chloe Kim in halfpipe: :notbad:
  14. Cheeses

http://www.chicagotribune.com/g00/n...HR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZmFjZWJvb2suY29tLw==&i10c.ua=1

Pyeongchang is a mountainous county 110 miles southeast of Seoul in South Korea, and the host of the 2018 Winter Olympics.

P.F. Chang’s is an Asian-inspired chain restaurant with 210 U.S. locations, including ones in Chicago, Lombard, Northbrook, Orland Park and Schaumburg.

PyeongChang and P.F. Chang’s are not the same thing, and beyond the fact that they both begin with the letter P and end in “Chang,” they have little in common.

This distinction, however, appears to have eluded WLS-Ch.7’s news team, which on Saturday morning accidentally broadcast a report about the political backdrop to the Winter Olympics, illustrated with the graphic, “P.F. Chang 2018.”

:meatball:
  15. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Eh, their explanation seems plausible enough. I wouldn't put it past that someone switched the graphics on purpose as a joke though.
  16. CaptainBallz

Wait, so did the Dutch learn to ice skate by skating on frozen rivers or no??
    gbergman likes this.
  17. Cheeses

Why wouldn't they? Seems plausible.
  18. chops

chops never met prope

NBC sucks at sports.

Fuck 'em all.
  19. CaptainBallz

Seems like Chops is the only non-gay gentleman who can appreciate the extra heat Team Canada is bringing to the ol' curling sheet.
    chops likes this.
  20. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Bari Weiss, the Israeli American editor of the NYT opinions section, who they hired to be the centrist conservative viewpoint person, doesn't understand why calling Mirai Nagasi, someone born and raised in California, an immigrant might not go over well.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  21. Cheeses

But "it's a Hamilton reference!"

:crybaby:
  22. CaptainBallz

But she has china-person eyes, therefore, an immigrant... unlike white "actual" Americans.
  23. Cheeses

There's some female American downhill skiier that was pretty easy on the eyes, from a preview I saw last night. Hoping to see more of her.
  24. y2chae

y2chae Panda

https://deadspin.com/barstool-radio-host-cant-resist-calling-17-year-old-oly-1822974775

:creeper:
  25. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I didn't post it on my quote but the exchange before that might be dumber. One of the guys admitted he initially thought Chloe Kim was a reference to the Kardashians.
  26. Cheeses

"Now I know how the pilgrims felt"

27. samram

samram Bon Vivant

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/sen-durbin-chloe-kim-story-of-immigration-olympics-12610573.php

There is so much dumb shit coming from the Olympics, which are shitty anyway. Can't wait for the Kims to show all the journalistic blowjobs to their subjects as evidence that the rest of the world really likes them.
    chops likes this.
  28. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Oh boy. USA has been using naturalized Asians or Asian Americans to win Olympic medals in sports like figure skating or table tennis since the early 90's. This isn't anything new. There's no reason to politicize Kim's gold medal. Durbin is a hack.
  29. Cheeses

Shaun White. :notbad:
  30. Cheeses

GodDAMN did one male snowboarder get fucked up hitting the lip of the pipe... :yikes:
  31. Cheeses

Shaun White

:hawks:
  32. SABRSox

SABRSox Hollywood Mega-Hunk Bob Balaban Cupcake Mod

Saw them dick pics Deadspin posted, eh?

:milhouse:
    chops likes this.
  33. Cheeses

34. BeviBall

Ah the Winter Olympics, where people who have no clue how shit is judged get judgy.
  35. BeviBall

:rolling: USA blow a 2-0 lead in the third and lose in OT. They fucking suck. Not a chance in hell they don't get their ass handed to them in this shitty tournament.
  36. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Put it on when I woke up with 11 minutes left, up 1. Got out of the shower to see they gave one up with the G pulled and were going to OT.

Awful defending on the winner, all 3 guys puck watching and left a man all alone in the slot.
  37. chops

chops never met prope

The dudes announcing the snowboarding gave White better blowjobs than his exband mate.

NBC is fucking insufferable.

And the fucking ice skating. Fucking Johnny Weir is a dope, Lipinski is a haggard mess. I wish the damn kids would go to bed to I could watch something else.

:hulk:
  38. Cheeses

39. Cheeses

Early Olympics haps are one of those things that'll get burned into their heads, don't ruin it for them.

Me, remembering bits of Munich '72 and Montreal '76: :jb:
  40. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Here's a stupid question: Why do speed skaters have such longer skates, and why do they look wider? You'd think they'd be more like hockey skates that are thinner.
  41. chops

chops never met prope

Can't wait for skateboarding! Hope to see some epic falls and mangled limbs.
  42. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

The longer blade lets them get more out of each stride (along with the 'clap back' feature, where the blade moves away from the boot). However, the blade is thinner than a hockey skate.
  43. Cheeses

What level are these hockey cucks on the USA team at? Because they got destroyed by the "OAR" Russkies today 4-0.
  44. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

It's mainly scrubs who weren't good enough to be NHL players isn't it?
  45. Cheeses

That's what I'm asking. Like, Wolves level? College kids?
  46. Pig

Pig I Am The One Who Locks Cupcake Mod

Lot of old vets that play in the European leagues. A few AHL players and some college. Only a handful of roster players are under 29. Brian Gionta and James Wisniewski are the significant NHL names. Gionta is 39 and Wisniewski hasn't been on an NHL roster in two years. The USA roster has 3000 combined NHL games and those two account for half of them...
  47. Cheeses

:noted:

Are the Russians professionals over there?
  48. BeviBall

Lots of KHL players, from all countries, are there. That includes the US goalie who fucking sucks.
  49. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

50. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

chops likes this.