*OFFICIAL* NFL 2017 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by Cheeses, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Deuce

Deuce Has Dysentery

They turned what was otherwise a tight game into a shitshow.
  2. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Sooo many life lessons learnt.
  3. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

League is considering adopting the same rule for targeting as CFB, including ejections.

Should not have taken this long.
    Deuce likes this.
  4. SABRSox

SABRSox Hollywood Mega-Hunk Bob Balaban Cupcake Mod

There need to be automatic bans. Have the refs give out red cards or shit like that, and it's an automatic 2 game ban, no pay.
  5. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

So little concern for collectively bargained union rights!
    Fuller likes this.
  6. SABRSox

I guess the alternative is watching guys turn each other's brains to mush.
  7. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Not a fan of a blanket targeting rule. It's too arbitrary where some people who accidentally make helmet to helmet contact get tossed. Blatant head hunting shots should result in ejections though.
  8. Cheeses

Cheeses Nice game, pretty boy Cupcake Mod

Carson Wentz torn ACL.

:kobe2:
  9. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

10. Cheeses

Dolphins up by 10 over the Pats in the 4th quarter.
  11. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

Always a pleasure to see the Pats get their teeth kicked in. 0-11 in 3rd down.

:haha:
  12. Cheeses

:yesitis:
  13. Fuller

This Steelers v Pats game is incredible!
  14. Fuller

OMG, what a horseshit call against Pittsburgh
  15. SABRSox

The NFL is garbage. How was that not a catch. Fuck this stupid sport.
    CaptainBallz and chops like this.
  16. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

Such a stupid sport and a stupid league.
  17. Fuller

Carr fumbles at the goal line for a touchback with :30 left for a gift win for the Cowboys

:bunk:
  18. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Finally saw a replay of this play. Burn this dumb league to the ground.

Oh piece of shit Jerry Richardson is selling the team because it came out he's a creepy old pervert and a racist. Who knew a guy who said he didn't want Cam Newton getting tattoos and piercings would be a piece of shit?
    CaptainBallz likes this.
  19. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

I got a Bleacher Report alert that Kaepernick is exploring the possibility of buying the Panthers with P. Diddy.
  20. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

Literally the only football play I saw yesterday between Star Wars and learning Prope's creepy Cubs secret while drinking with his BiL. Yesterday sure was one for the dumpster.
    zmz and Retarded Ox like this.
  21. Fuller

22. samram

samram Bon Vivant

Sure, they'll go halfsies with Diddy fronting the 99.8% half.
    chops likes this.
  23. Fuller

24. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah Kaep doesn't have the money to own even 1% of a NFL team. Diddy doesn't even have the money to probably own more than 25-30%, assuming the sale price is around $1.75 billion, he's going to have to find a ton of other investors. If he wants to make this a black investment group thing, he's gonna have to call Oprah and Bob Johnson.
  25. samram

samram Bon Vivant

There's already a very rich black owner in Charlotte sports, wonder if he'd be interested.

Johnson owned the Bobcats, which he named for himself, lost a bunch of money while building a stadium for himself at taxpayer expense after the voters said no, and then bailed. Seems almost perfect for the NFL except for the losing money part.

The NFL should pay attention to the Marlins. Going with a group other than the one with the funds to maintain a team and the knowledge to run one competently is asking for embarrassment.
    Ziggy and chops like this.
  26. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

One of the cool things the Rams do is really exploit the communication system rule. They like to get to the line as quick as possible so that McVay has time to see what kind of coverage there is on the pre-snap and give checks to Goff. I imagine that is something that will change in this off season, but it's a great way to give help to a younger QB.
  27. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Josh McDaniels to Jim Irsay:

[​IMG]
  28. y2chae

y2chae Panda

McDaniels is a clown but fuck Irsay
  29. SABRSox

LOL Colts.
  30. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

It's possible the Colts leaked it to make McDaniels look like a douche. I mean, they're right, but this might not necessarily be his fault.
  31. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

32. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

33. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

Nagy or GTFO. Good thing the Bears weren’t on the receiving end of this one.

At the same time, maybe McDaniels was still : waiting: for evidence that Andrew Luck will be able to throw another pass in the NFL at some point in the next year. What a train wreck that roster is without Luck.
  34. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

Probably obvious, but maybe Dave Toub finally gets a HC gig? Slim picking at this point and he’d have a history with GM Chris Ballard.
  35. Fuller

IMHO, this ensures that the only HC gig McDaniels will ever be offered is in New England. Then again, it is the only place he has ever been successful in the NFL
  36. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Fuck all the Pace haters. He nailed this Nagy thing. Meanwhile the Colts look like the joke of the league.
  37. y2chae

y2chae Panda

38. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

That guy is such a chode.
  39. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

That dude has been getting pounded on twitter.

Was he originally a Chicago guy?
  40. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Yeah.

Some other gems:

Because the Bears job - in no way other than living in Lake Forest - is superior to the Colts job.

Luck/Brissett > Trubisky. Irsay > McCaskey. Lucas Oil Stadium > Soldier Field. Colts - $84M under cap for '18. Bears $42M under. I could go on.

He doesn't think the Bears being better at nearly every position matters because "rosters change quickly".
  41. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Why is living in Lake Forest considered an advantage? In fact the practice facility being so far away from where they actually play should be considered a negative. Guy is a chode indeed.
  42. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Also the moron doesn't understand salaries and the cap. The Bears will cut Glennon, McPhee, Wheaton, Cooper and Demps to add $32 million to the cap. Sims, Massie and Freeman are certainly possible cuts as well that would be another $14 million.

The Colts being so far under the cap already don't have much they can cut to add to their cap space. Hankins and Sheard were big FA signings last year that are above average starters that they don't have anyone on the roster to replace them, so while they could cut them, wouldn't make much sense. The only other cuts they could make for significant savings are Doyle and Simon and that's still only $6 million total.

The Bears will basically have the same cap space to play with as the Colts without losing anyone of significant value as none of those cuts I mentioned above did much in 2017. Only significant player the Bears could lose in free agency is Fuller.
  43. Fuller

I resemble that remark
  44. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Perhaps it's more that the advantage is NOT living in Hicksville, IN. I mean, that's kinda the reason McDaniels gave for not taking the job.

We were just talking about cost of living in IN vs. Chicago. So why don't we all move there?
  45. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

I don't think the distance matters at all. It's like an extra 20-25 minutes on a bus every other weekend.
    chops likes this.
  46. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

47. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

48. y2chae

y2chae Panda

More like 'I am going to open my asshole to you'
  49. Cheeses

Bellichick > Brady > McDaniels: :tagteam:
  50. chops

chops never met prope

He still thought Glennon was gonna be a stud QB and gave him a shitload of money.