Probably too early, but NFL offseason haps?

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by chops, Dec 4, 2017.

1. chops

chops never met prope

Medicore former Head Coach Jeff Fisher wants to get back in:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...er-for-another-nfl-head-coaching-opportunity/

Trying to figure out the 10 or more, I don't see 10 dudes getting fired, unless some of these cucks are gonna retire?

Bears - Fox should be fired
    Browns - Jackson should also be fired
    Giants - McAdoo should be fired
    Bengals - Is Lewis finally gone?
    Colts - I assume Pagano is a goner
    Cardinals ?
    Texans ?
    Broncos ?
    Cowboys ?
    Redskins ?
    Packers ?
    Jets ?
    Lions ?
    Oakland ?
  2. Retarded Ox

Retarded Ox I wish Quaye would hug me.

This should prolly be a tourney nom based on the fact there are still 4 weeks left in the regular season, basically who gives a flying fuck and :hello:
    y2chae and chops like this.
  3. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

4. chops

chops never met prope

5. chops

chops never met prope

6. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Bears - Fox should be fired - YES
    Browns - Jackson should also be fired - YES
    Giants - McAdoo should be fired - YES
    Bengals - Is Lewis finally gone? - Lame duck, YES
    Colts - I assume Pagano is a goner - Lame duck, YES
    Cardinals - Signed through 2019, probably not
    Texans - Maybe, will be entering final year of his deal
    Broncos - Doubtful, he's in his 1st year of a 4 year deal
    Cowboys - Probably not, but Garrett will be gone if they suck next year
    Redskins - Doubtful, just signed a 2 year extension through 2020 in the offseason
    Packers - No chance
    Jets - Bowles is entering his last year. I'd bet he gets extended, people thought the Jets would be a 2-3 win team this year
    Lions - No chance, Caldwell was just extended this offseason
    Oakland - No chance, Del Rio got a 4 year deal this offseason
  7. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

McAdoo has been fired. That's where I'm betting Josh McDaniels goes.
  8. chops

chops never met prope

Makes decent sense, who are the 10+ fuck heads dude is thinking about?
  9. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

10. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

There’s been a lot of speculation that Arians wants to bolt from Arizona. We’ll see with that one. Medical reasons, maybe?
  11. sycked

Can’t imagine Houston ditches their coach. They looked like they had finally pieced everything together until Watson went down.

Jets would be foolish to extend Bowles. I imagine the players have stepped up to save his job. I recall Rex Ryan facing similar circumstances only for him to receive an extension and then canned a year or two later once the same problems emerged.

Who knows.
  12. sycked

Not on the list but Andy Reid will be an interesting one to watch. He seems to be the same guy that lasted forever in Philly ultimately unable to win anything of significance after the regular season. If they want to transition to Mahomes, maybe he gets the boot. They’ve had a tremendous collapse this season.

Just looked it up and it seems like he received a big extension prior to the season. He gets another year at the least.
  13. chops

chops never met prope

14. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

Haslam should just offer the toney suburb of Lakewood to Bill Belichick to come back to Cleveland and run the team.
  15. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

If there is one professional athlete I feel bad for, it's Joe Thomas. He's probably a HOF'er, but he's a Brown.
  16. y2chae

y2chae Panda

He's actually been given opportunities to leave but he wanted to remain loyal to the team. I think he might be dumb.
  17. SABRSox

SABRSox Hollywood Mega-Hunk Bob Balaban Cupcake Mod

Probably mush-brained. But then again, he never has to worry about getting cut from the Browns, so maybe he's an actual genius.
  18. chops

chops never met prope

19. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Damn, Joseph would have been a decent replacement for Fangio.
  20. Fuller

Are folks dissatisfied with our defense? Seems like Fangio has done pretty well with it despite Fox
  21. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Fangio is on his final year of his deal. I don’t think the defense takes that big of a dive without him.
  22. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Twitter rumors abound that Dave Toub is a top candidate for two jobs, including the Bearce.
  23. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

Is Toub a good choice?
  24. Fuller

He was our Special Teams Coach until Trestman was hired. Interviewed for the head coach job. Trestman wanted to keep him, but Toub decided to go back and work for Andy Reid.
  25. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I think 901 knows who Toub is
    whitesox901 likes this.
  26. chops

chops never met prope

Watch Fox come back for 2018.
  27. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

There's only two examples I can think of a ST Coordinator becoming a head coach: Ditak and John Harbaugh. (I want to say Dick Jauron was a ST Coordinator before going to the Bears, but I don't think that is right) There's an idea that ST are decent choices for HCs because they work with players on both sides of the ball, whereas a guy like Matt Nagy only deals with the offensive players.

Toub has produced some of the better ST units since 2004, is well respected, and there's a belief that he can bring some top notch coordinators with him.

That said, I almost feel as if people are always talking themselves into thinking he'd do a better job than what he might produce.
    whitesox901 likes this.
  28. chops

chops never met prope

Dick was a DC before us.

I'm certain I wouldn't bust a load if Toub was named HC.
  29. Fuller

Is there someone you would bust a load over?
  30. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Harbaugh, John

EDIT: My actual #1 choice would be David Shaw from Stanford. However, I see absolutely no reason why he would ever leave Stanford.
    chops likes this.
  31. chops

chops never met prope

BoysMom3
    Ziggy, Cheeses, zmz and 2 others like this.
  32. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

Pic of boysmom3?
  33. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

The pic of boysmom3 was actually proven to be Jeans in drag.
  34. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

The bafia pics are legitimate, however

:jizz:
    Ziggy and maurice like this.
  35. chops

chops never met prope

I stand by my statement.
    Prope likes this.
  36. chops

chops never met prope

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ings-coaches-john-fox-jim-caldwell/983766001/

3. John Fox, Chicago Bears: At least he managed to avoid being victimized by the winless Browns on Sunday, almost surely Fox's final appearance at Soldier Field as coach of the home team. Though Chicago is a talented team that appears to be turning the corner, Fox almost surely won't be around when that turn signal clicks off after going 14-33.
  37. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Bowles extended.
  38. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Denver radio is pounding Paxton Lynch. They seem to be against firing Joseph, and worship anything Elway does.
  39. Quaye

Quaye I basically hate Jeans

I predict the Bears will bring back Rex as a qb/head coach like Pete Rose and win 7 superb owls
  40. chops

chops never met prope

:balelaff: ?
    y2chae likes this.
  41. sycked

Ted Thompson is being ousted as Packers GM.

He drafts and develops talent! All of which goes down the drain the moment Rodgers is unable to play..
  42. chops

chops never met prope

yet, we extend our GM who said stuff like

"Mike Glennon is our starting quarterback and we’re fired up about that,"

“We like Mike Glennon. With preparation for the Titans game, he played very well. Now we’re prepping for Atlanta and Mike’s one of those guys, we talk about waiting before the snap, and he has done that. He’s a very smart, intelligent player. There’s a lot that went into that evaluation. He has a lot of experience that we’re leaning on. He was voted a captain for a reason by that locker room. We’re ready to watch it unfold.”

“I’m not dealing with hypotheticals. Mike Glennon is our starter, and we’re confident with that. That’s a unique position. We all know that. We’re very confident in Mike Glennon.”
  43. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

:balelaff:
  44. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah Pace struck out big on Glennon. But I'm willing to ride this out with a guy who has built a core of Mitch, Cohen, Shaheen, Howard, Whitehair, Amos, Jackson, Goldman, Floyd.

White has been a bust and so was most of this FA class. But Hicks, Trevathan, Sitton from the year before were good signings. Just need a couple WRs, plus Meredith will be back. Edge rusher, offensive tackle and corner back are the other needs.

After releasing Glennon and the other dead weight (Wheaton, Cooper Sr, McPhee, Demps, Grasu) the team will have $75 million in cap space. Could be $95 million if they decide to cut Sims, Massie, Freeman. With a good FA class and draft, this could be a playoff team. If the Bears had an average passing game right now they'd be a fringe playoff team.
    Fuller likes this.
  45. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Could target Trumaine Johnson, Nate Solder, Ezekiel Ansah, Jarvis Landry and still have a ton of money left over. Problem is a lot of these guys will get overpaid because the Browns and Niners have ton of space too, however the Niners will have to pay Jimmy G which I assume will cost at least $20 million a year.
  46. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Also need a big step forward from Mitch. The jury is still out on him. Maybe he gets better receivers and still isn't very good.
  47. y2chae

y2chae Panda

You can see the talent in Mitch though. He needs to play a lot better, but having non retard coaches will help. They have to get the head coach and offensive coordinator and probably QB coach hires right.
  48. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

400 extremely talented QBs have been drafted high and never amounted to anything.

:shrug:
  49. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Jared Goff was clearly worse last year than Mitch was this year, pretty surprised how well Goff ended up playing this year. I also didn't expect Wentz to be this good, at least this early. Mariota sucked this season and somehow the Titans still made the playoffs. And from the same draft, Winston was a popular pick to break out this season and he also regressed. So it's not an easy position to predict but I'm optimistic about Mitch.
  50. chops

chops never met prope

Striking out is an understatement. Money aside, he thought a shithead who sucked his entire short career would be a good quarterback. If Pace can't evaluate the most important position on the team properly and has 14 wins over 3 seasons, dude should have been bounced or at least given an ultimatum of playoffs or bust in 2018.

Injuries aside as well, there was no depth on the offensive side of ball at all. Lowest receiving yards in the league, fewest caught passes in the league, fewest touchdown passes in the league, 3rd fewest overall yards. He came 3 seasons ago and the team has been shittier and shittier. Fuck him.

2018 or bust should have been the message, instead it's the same old crap.

Fire Pace
    Fire Phillips