Rasslin'...Let Us Speak About It

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by spiffie, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Team Speed

Team Speed Well-Known Member

My DVR for whatever reason didn't record Raw so I didn't get to do my 40 minute express watching last night. Annoyed, as I like to watch the ones at Rosemont. Review I read was pretty lukewarm.

How was it skotty?
  2. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

It was ok; Shane O Mac rules as always. I was/am pissed though cause the end was Wyatt/Ambrose. Lesnar vs Wyatt this Saturday at Roadblock and Lesnar vs Ambrose at Mania; why not have Lesnar come out and just destroy both of them then you can have the Wyatts interfere. I'm a huge Lesnar/Heyman nerd so I feel like it was a waste of money to pay and not have them there. I would have thought Heyman would have at least cut a promo cause he is the only one that can sell these WWE exclusive events i.e. Beast in the East and the other one at the Garden vs Big Show. Did get a huge fan boy pop when Sami Zayn showed up. If it's him vs KO for the IC at Mania that will steal the show. I still don't know how to feel about AJ Styles; I know the IWC loves him and he is very good at what he does but for some reason when I see him I see Jeff Jarrett.
  3. Team Speed

I thought they had promoted Lesnar for the show, but I could be misremembering. That's pretty disappointing to not have him or at least Heyman show up.
  4. y2chae

y2chae Panda

From what I saw it was a pretty average show at best. The 3 hour format is just not a good thing. Also AJ Styles rules, skotty is a hater
  5. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

Probably the worst Wrestlemania there ever was. Outside of Shane's attempted suicide, really nothing worthwhile.
    Team Speed likes this.
  6. y2chae

y2chae Panda

2 good matches (women's and IC title) on a 5 hour show. What a joke. Shane vs Taker had good spots but as an overall match made no sense, Lesnar vs Ambrose was very underwhelming. AJ vs Jericho was good but not "Mania level" good. The Rock segment was beyond stupid and only thing worse was the HHH vs Reigns main event.
  7. BeviBall

Styles losing means we drag out the Y2J feud no one wants another 1-2 months. Rock/Wyatt family was totally useless. HBK, Stone Cold and Socko were fun but if that's the highlight of a WM in 2016, trouble's a brewing. Our feed froze during the 3-way women's match but I heard that was the highlight of the night. Of course, it can't be a clean win but I don't care about that. Lesnar/Ambrose had so much potential but ended about 8-10 minutes too early. I mean, they gave Brock a perfect out for losing that match but...

And Roman winning the title... there are tons of videos on twitter of 100,000 booing him on his way out after the feed ended. But McMahon will do whatever he wants to do even though no one wants to see this boring POS again. We'll work our boring path to Lesnar/Reigns and there will be plenty of subscriptions sacrificed along the way.
  8. y2chae

y2chae Panda

When Vince dies I think it's going to have an effect similar to how the Blackhawks turned it around after Bill Wirtz died.
  9. skottyj

Is people loving women's wrestling a total internet thing? As soon I saw that was up next I switched to baseball on ESPN. I just can't get into it.
  10. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Have you watched any of the matches from Sasha Banks, Bayley or Becky Lynch in NXT? They are a completely different crop than what the norm for WWE women have been over the last two decades.
  11. skottyj

I'm not that huge into wrestling to waste my time with the NXT women's division. That is not a knock on anybody that watches it; to each his own. But for me to take my time and watch it on the network does nothing for me. I watch Raw in like 40 minutes on Tuesdays and mostly turn into the ppv's for the main events and if something catches my eye. Like if Lesnar shows up.
  12. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

13. BeviBall

Spamming? 30 day rip.
    whitesox901 likes this.
  14. skottyj

15. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

:shrug:

Hard to do when you don't give it a try.
  16. whitesox901

whitesox901 Aubergine Dreams

Its still real to me, dammit!
    Cheeses likes this.
  17. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I think we can agree at least 75% of the product is crap. Right now that women's shit is the one of the few good things they have going.

No, they don't have the athleticism the men have but I equate it to why women's tennis can draw viewers and be popular, it at least looks similar to the sport the men play. That's why I think no one will ever care about women's basketball- it looks like a completely different sport compared to the men's game.
  18. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

ol' chae, hating on women's basketball, as per usual
  19. Team Speed

I don't watch nxt but I've seen a handful of the women's matches that people are lauding. And while those are really good it just hasn't translated over to the main roster for whatever reason. Lots of sloppy matches and botched spots by the same people who were tearing up nxt.
  20. Stockdale4Veep

Stockdale4Veep Knows the Dewey Decimal System

It's funny how Paige and AJ Lee really jump started the modern surge of women wrestling and now they're rather forgotten
  21. y2chae

y2chae Panda

But they really didn't. Name a classic AJ Lee match. You can't, because they don't exist. Paige had some good matches at NXT but the current crop of Charlotte, Sasha Banks, Bayley and Becky Lynch took it to another level.
  22. Stockdale4Veep

You had classics with Paige vs Natalya but it seems after they added Paige to the Divas reality TV show she just got buried. The Divas revolution essentially started with Paige, esp with the Steph hype speech hyping the divas division years ago.
  23. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

First off, the Steph speech happened months ago. It was the kick-off to the "Divas Revolution" which introduced Charlotte, Sasha and Becky Lynch to the main roster. Fittingly enough, as you mentioned, the previous regime has been pushed to the background in favor of those three who had almost undisputedly the best match at WrestleMania last week. The reason you don't hear about the others is they weren't really good. They were the best anyone had ever had save for a few random Lita/Trish matches and Mickie James every so often. Paige vs. Natalya was very good in its time but has been lapped by Charlotte/Natalya, Becky/Banks, both Banks/Bayley matches and arguably Bayley/Asuka from last weekend's Takeover show too.
  24. Stockdale4Veep

Damn I thought the diva revolution speech happened longer ago than August.
  25. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Notice how Fed couldn't name a classic AJ Lee match. Because there is no such thing.
  26. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

We rail on it all the time at VOW. Name us one. Just one. We had a huge discussion on Twitter about it when she retired. People either didn't answer, said she meant more than just a "match" or 10 people named 10 different matches.
  27. Stockdale4Veep

Aj vs kaitlyn and aj vs Natalya come to mind as great matches at the time. I don't watch nxt so can't tell you of her work there (initially I didn't see the big deal on Paige til someone told me to check Emma vs Paige in nxt)

Also back then didn't help with Cole announcing style of women's matches
  28. y2chae

y2chae Panda

As an individual wrestling talent she's better than the likes of Tamina, Alicia Fox, the Bellas, etc.

She also had a cool submission move.

Her popularity is probably mostly because she's attractive and into nerdy things like wrestling, video games and comic books.
  29. Deuce

Deuce Has Dysentery

Her best move is her finishing blow on CM Punk.
    y2chae likes this.
  30. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

:okay:
  31. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Cool by wrestling standards. It was something that got a pop from the crowd. Was just listing reasons for her popularity despite the fact she's never done anything special inside a wrestling ring.
  32. Stockdale4Veep

I must say I am enjoying NJPW on AXS. Sad it's only an hour and sometimes they fast goward and the matches are from early last year but great content. Also glad to see anderson and gallows do work. One of the downsides of them going WWE, no more Talk'n Shop
  33. Stockdale4Veep

Are enzo and Cass decent workers or are they all mic schtick?
  34. s=D

s=D Message Board Historian

Happy belated birthday to Balls Mahoney as he turned 44 yesterday.

He died today as well :rip:
  35. Team Speed

Didn't he die a few months ago?
  36. Team Speed

Turns out that was Axl Rotten... I was picturing the wrong guy when I poured out a 40 in February.
  37. s=D

What is saddest is that Ian Rotten is still alive. I came across the Mike Levy again a few days ago. Just a piece of shit
  38. s=D

39. y2chae

y2chae Panda

They are good workers, nothing special about them but they have the skills to put together a good match. But the reason they will get over is Enzo's mic work.
  40. Stockdale4Veep

Then that'll be a :pass: for me

Also why I never got into the NAO, same shit every fucking pre match, just boring and appealing to idiocy.

To be honest I'm starting to get bored with New Day as well, it's 2016 and we're discussing booty-os? Some of their stuff is ok but it just get repetitive
  41. Stockdale4Veep

42. y2chae

y2chae Panda

They are a modern NAO with their pre match sthick but they are way better wrestlers than the NAO. The Road Dogg was a terrible wrestler with little athleticism. Both Enzo and Cass are pretty athletic.
  43. Stockdale4Veep

Agreed, I'll check out some stuff but obviously they're gonna feud with the Dudleys for, knowing WWE and their tag division, the rest of the year, so I'm not holding out much.

Maybe the Hoots can just steam roll over everyone to take the titles, AJ wins the world title and we get bullet club
  44. BeviBall

Guess there was a vicious injury to Enzo Amore and the PPV has been paused.
  45. Stockdale4Veep

46. BeviBall

Sounds like it's only a concussion. Wow.
  47. Stockdale4Veep

Sounds like he's soft
  48. Stockdale4Veep

Kevin owens posted a pic of enzo walking around the hospital
  49. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Best non NXT event of the year by WWE. I'm glad I went. One dude on my FB didn't like it. I have this dude's feed blocked because he posts the most mundane Gaelic like stuff "I just went to the gym!" or "Just got off work about to watch some TV!" 5-6 times a day. So there's that.
  50. s=D

Lots of "best wishes in future endevures" today. :sad: