Sandusky Trial Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by 1951Campbell, Feb 7, 2012.

1. 1951Campbell

1951Campbell Free Legal Advice/Beatles Hater

2. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

3. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Penn State police had warnings about Sandusky in 1998

You may recall that he served on Paterno's staff through the 1999 season. Most of the coverage to date has addressed a sexual assault allegation from 2002.
  4. Quaye

Quaye I basically hate Jeans

I dunno. I know I might get cast as sort of a Paterno apologist, and maybe I am (though I do think I have an overall negative view of the dude after all evidence came to light) but to me this sort of...not exonerates, wrong word, but show the disjunct between what one might expect from a non-criminal AD in such a case and what one might expect from a PSU AD here. They clearly knew that the dude was mad bent 14 years ago (PSU police hiding in the closet while this fucked up scene transpired)and just let that shit continue--just, to me, sort of casts a pall on the idea of chain of command here--at a Wisconsin or Illinois, you report that shit to a real AD who wasn't covering up for a child rapist and you can expect them to call the cops. For Paterno, he goes to the proper guy and the guy just sits on it because he already knew it was going on. Joe Pa absolutely, positively 100% should have followed up, called the cops,etc, but I'm just saying...
  5. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Well, regardless of Paterno's role (which we don't know yet), we do now know that PSU was aware of this and even confirmed it directly from Sandusky, but then kept the guy on as an employee for another year and let him roam the premises with minors for years after that. In this context, the 2002 allegations, after PSU already had confirmed similar allegations years earlier, are even more damning to the school. Lost in the whole defending Paterno deal is the indisputable notion that PSU in general is not defendable at this point. That's why they had no choice but to clean house ASAP.

This is still just the tip of the iceberg. The administration's focus on 2002 when they fired Paterno apparently was damage control. What else do they know that we didn't know? At this point, I don't think that anybody would be surprised to learn that Sandusky's "retirement" was directly connected to the 1998 allegations. I mean, they obviously didn't do anywhere near enough in response to this incident, but surely the administration must've taken SOME action to protect themselves and sanction Sandusky, right?

:popcorn:
  6. 1951Campbell

Ziggy likes this.
  7. Lefty34

Lefty34 Internet Radio Sensation

She's kinda hot, too, IIRC.
  8. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

[​IMG]

:meh:
  9. Lefty34

Oh wow, her twitter pic has a more downward angle and features a lot more makeup.

I'd still hit it.
  10. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Same.
  11. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

To add to that, she's pretty Jewish looking.
  12. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

I'd totally hit it.
  13. Lefty34

Especially considering that she can now slap "Pultizer-Winning Journalist" onto a book she writes about this whole ordeal. Millionaire sugar-momma.
  14. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

15. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

pussy ain't got a face

big boner
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy I Can Get Laid in Germany

:helloexactly:

It's the Paris Hilton effect except she's smarter and better looking.
  17. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Pretty nearly all of the dudes on this board would hit it. You could do a lot worse than a decent enough looking girl who won a Pulitzer at age 24.
  18. Lefty34

She's like the Billy Walsh of local crime reporting.
  19. 1951Campbell

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Sandusky-Spanier-E-Mails-158468665.html

The bolded is simply fucking amazing.

Trial started today.

Sandusky took victim to buy pot:

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-footba...ry-sandusky-trial-details-contracts-marijuana

Sandusky sent "creepy love letters":

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2012/06/alleged_victim_describes_abuse.html

Ganim wrap-up of first day:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_trial_sara_gani_1.html
  20. samram

samram Bon Vivant

Sounds like a complete disaster for Amendola, which isn't surprising because he seems to be a clown. Apparently he offered today that if Jerry had done anything, the grown men who knew would have informed someone, as if failure to report criminal behavior isn't a huge issue connected to this case.
  21. 1951Campbell

He also said something to the effect that there are no victims unless Sandusky is found guilty. Hey, see what he did there? Clever!
  22. samram

samram Bon Vivant

How will the jury live with themselves?
  23. Quaye

Quaye I basically hate Jeans

I would point out the logical disjunct in asserting "not guilty" means "innocent" but that seems the least of this man's dementedness
  24. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

I used to think that any punishment for Penn State University-- short of the death penalty, of course-- would be completely justified.

Now I am coming around to the idea that the death penalty is the only truly just punishment for PSU.
  25. Lefty34

BURGH should be lighting up this thread around midnight, I'd say.
    Ziggy likes this.
  26. Mercy

Mercy Contrarian

:laff:

[​IMG]
    Ziggy likes this.
  27. Fuller

You should show a little more class to such a highly respected member of this community. BURGH didn't ask for this mess, he just has to put up with crap from idiots like yourself. You should cut the dood some slack, this is hard enough as it is...

[​IMG]
    BURGH likes this.
  28. y2chae

y2chae Panda

You telling someone to show more class to BURGH? Are you being serious right now?
    FedEx likes this.
  29. whitesox901

I didn't go to Penn State, so I'm not allowed to have an opinion on this.
    Deuce and Ziggy like this.
  30. Fuller

I am being sorta pretty darn serious, Jason!!!!
  31. Fuller

No one is saying you can't have an opinion. Just don't go rubbing alumni noses in it. And you aren't, so :shrug:

Also: RON PAUL!!
  32. Mercy

Mercy Contrarian

[​IMG]
  33. Fuller

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?
  34. Mercy

Mercy Contrarian

A god-fearing Christian?
    Edit: Oh sorry, can't read. I thought you said, "what do you call a woman etc."
  35. y2chae

y2chae Panda

36. Mercy

Mercy Contrarian

Okay, anyway, the only thing I've read yet of the goings-on at the trial today specifically quoted the administration emails as saying the way they had handled this business was more "humane" for Sandusky. I guess no comment is necessary.
  37. whitesox901

I think you missed the point of that post....
  38. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

I was hearing that the defense got brutalized on cross by victim #4. Bad way to start
  39. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

From what I heard they kind of just called him out for wanting money and then he proved he's extremely stable financially so that derailed their entire reasoning.
  40. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

41. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Yeahhhhh.... Penn State is going to be in a lot of trouble. I know a lot of the major sports media has been ignoring it as a sports story or an institutional wide issue but that is going out the window.
  42. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Why did that idiot keep a secret file? Was he planning blackmail or thought that'd be his ace in the hole or something? When you do something illegal keeping a paper trail is the best way to go!
  43. s=D

s=D Message Board Historian

44. Lefty34

The best thing about the trial coverage: more head shots of Ganim are popping up. :erection:
  45. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

Aren't you the dude who likes Rebecca Lobo too? You really have a thing for chicks who kinda look like butch lesbians, eh?

Maybe you're a lesbian. :thinking:

[​IMG]
    Ziggy likes this.
  46. Ziggy

47. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

Burnsauce unintentional. Lefty's just got some interesting taste in the ladies.
  48. Lefty34

:shrug: I'm not saying she's a supermodel, shittyjeans, but she's like 24 or so, won one of the top prizes in her profession, and isn't a total scag....so yeah, total butch lesbo. Also, I urge you to GIS "butch lesbian" for me; Go ahead, I'll wait.
    SoxFan76 likes this.
  49. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Didnt several of us here on this board say we'd throw it in her?
  50. Ziggy

She's alright; I wouldn't turn her down.