Sure, take our Flowers please...

Discussion in 'Take my Konerko, please?' started by IWMB, Nov 7, 2012.

1. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

2. October

October Local Pessimist

I'd like to keep Flowers for now unless we get something for him that we can actually use. We don't really have a catcher without him.
    Ziggy likes this.
  3. LuvSox

LuvSox Has genuine dislike for Sycked

4. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

2013 SOX TO PLAY WITH NO CATCHER?!?
    BURGH likes this.
  5. Cheeses

Cheeses Do not be afraid to crush the cucks with your mind Cupcake Mod

What's the consensus on AJ coming back? I would guess he'll re-up for another 2 years.
  6. Unregistered

Yeah, I think he's here until he retires. I think they like Flowers behind the plate, but he could be pretty brutal if given 500+ AB. Hopefully he just stays their backup, or they just trade him for something vaguely useful.
  7. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

If he's got any value and AJ will be back, I'm fine sending him off if New York (NL) wants to pay up. I think Phegley looks to be more of the backup defensive type anyways.
  8. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

Sun-Times today said AJ is telling people he's walking. MLB Trade Rumors thinks he'll end up in Texas.
  9. LuvSox

LuvSox Has genuine dislike for Sycked

We will be the only fans to cheer AJ when he is in a visiting ballpark.
  10. Cheeses

Cheeses Do not be afraid to crush the cucks with your mind Cupcake Mod

If AJ goes, that leaves only the Polish Prince from the 2005 squadron.
  11. Unregistered

Unless he wants like $10mm/yr it would seem that it makes too much sense not to re-sign him.

But I also think the same about Youk, so who knows.
  12. Quaye

Quaye I basically hate Jeans

You mean that team from 8 years ago? And do you call him "The Polish Prince" because he's approximately the same speed afoot as Prince Fielder, only he's Polish (and significantly slower)?
  13. Quaye

Quaye I basically hate Jeans

Let him walk. AJ's one of my favorite White SOX of my lifetime not named Frank, but let him get the money he deserves--maybe not from a baseball standpoint, but from a "someone willing to pay him" standpoint
  14. SouthAsianpalehose

SouthAsianpalehose Slumdog Hundred-aire

Flowers for Wright?

/some shithead
  15. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Unless the Sox feel like they are easily getting the better deal I don't see them trading Flowers. They'll bring in some left handed veteran and probably do a platoon.
  16. Unregistered

AJ wins the Silver Slugger which might make him more attractive as a FA - he gone?
  17. Team Speed

Team Speed Well-Known Member

Take that Joe Mauer.

I think AJ is gone. Hahn knows what you get with AJ, and it isn't likely to be another 118 OPS+.

I'll miss him but someone will pay him big based on his studly walk year, which rules for AJ. If the Sox pay him, well, it isn't my money but assuming it comes from a finite budget I think it could be better spent.
  18. whitesoxman77

whitesoxman77 Member

Although I love AJ, I feel like from an age 36 career year as a catcher there is only one way to go, straight down. Flowers won't get on base nearly as much and definitely won't fill the same leadership role but he will be a suitable replacement given some more playing time, hopefully a 15-20 home run hitter

Sent from Twins Territory using Tapatalk
  19. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

Flowers will probably be like Tank. 20+ HR, .280-.320 OBP.
    whitesoxman77 likes this.