The Quest for a 2005 World Series Ring

Discussion in 'SOXual Healing' started by s=D, Dec 13, 2016.

1. s=D

s=D Message Board Historian

I had a "Facebook Memory" the other day reminding me of a post I made of the Raul Casanova 2005 World Series Ring Auction back in 2010 and really made me re-think my desire of acquiring one of these rings.

The 14-karat yellow gold with a 14-karat white gold insert and a White Sox logo crest on a black onyx stone. There are 95 brilliant diamonds of various sizes, equaling over two karats was given out to 38 White Sox players who played a role on the Sox's path to the 2005 World Series title. A total of 438 were given to various members of the organization. The original appraisal was $7,950.

Players:
    Raul Casanova - 12/17/2010 - Winning Bid: $15,692.13 - Price Realized - $18,830.56 - 13 Bids

Willie Harris - 4/21/2016 - Winning Bid: $21,600 - Price Realized - $? - 19 bids

Pedro Lopez - 9/17/2016 - Winning Bid: $17,000 -Price Realized -$19,550 - 8 bids . This article has the final price and also talks about Minoso's items that were up for auction. I should've picked up the Minoso Gold Glove awards based on final listing price. I wonder if Minnie was buried with his ring.

Coaches:

Tommy Thompson - 5/24/2007 - Winning Bid: $28,100 - ?? bids

Player Development:

Moose Skowron - ?/??/2013 - Winning Bid: $? - Original asking price was $24,999 but the auction ended with a bunch of declined offers. I believe my max offer was $14,000

Jorge Oquendo - 12/7/2014 - Winning Bid: ? - Price Realized - $16,002 - 12 bids

Office:

Other:

There's also that time a bum broke into KW's house and took his ring.

For Fuller:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    Fuller and Cheeses like this.
  2. y2chae

y2chae Panda

What's the difference between winning bid and price realized?
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

Willie Harris already sold his WS ring? Sad times.
  4. s=D

Auction house surcharge. Apparently it's usually around 25% of the final bid. What's weird about that Lopez one is that it was on eBay, but was held offsite.
  5. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

Wow I have truly been pwned!

By an Iowan no less!

:kick:
  6. y2chae

y2chae Panda

And the other 2 guys I could understand why they sold it. If no one knows you were even on that team why bother keeping it, especially if you played in like 5 games in the regular season. Harris must need the money.
  7. s=D

That Minnie Minoso auction had some strange items.

Here's an autographed Jim Rivera Mitchell and Ness Jersey that sold for $50 That Jersey alone costs $250, and they changed it to number 7. The didn't bother to do anything with the cursive stitching that says "Nellie Fox" at bottom however.

[​IMG]
    "That is a rare Nellie Fox jersey autographed by Jungle Jim Rivera."
    sycked and whitesox901 like this.
  8. s=D

I debated being you and cheeses but settle for the non-lefty, never Trumper, since they have that "miss me yet?" and "troll" look on their faces.
    Fuller likes this.
  9. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

10. Zoso

Zoso *autistic screeching*

Whatever happend to bckthr? Reminded of him because his literal name is Moose Skowron.

:cmon:
  11. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

It's actually John.
  12. Iwritecode

Iwritecode Writing Code Again

This is funny because just last night I brought up the fact that even the last guy sitting on the end of the bench gets a ring if he's on a good team. Willie Harris was the example I used.

I was talking with my wife about our daughter's bowling team. She's not the best but she's not the worst either. But overall the team is really, really good. Varsity and JV both. They are undefeated in regular season matches and haven't placed any lower than 2nd in the tournaments they've participated in this year.
  13. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

Willie Harris was far form the last guy on the bench the whole year.
  14. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Eh, he pretty much was. Of the position players on the team all year, only Widger had less games played and he had more ABs. He was 3rd on the totem pole of bench players behind Timo & Ozuna.
  15. Iwritecode

Iwritecode Writing Code Again

He was certainly one of the last guys on the bench. He had fewer PA's than Chris Widger. Most of the guys that had less PAs were either late season callups like Brian Anderson, hurt like Frank, or traded mid-season like Blum.

Pablo Ozuna and Timo Perez were used more.
  16. chops

chops never met prope

he stole the damn base
    Ziggy, Alanzo, Deuce and 2 others like this.