Tim Anderson

Discussion in 'Trolling for Minors' started by maurice, Jul 2, 2014.

1. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Probably the Sox best position prospect. He unknowingly had been playing (pretty well) with a fractured wrist for the last couple of weeks. They finally xrayed it and DLed him.
  2. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

3. Pig

Pig I Am The One Who Locks Cupcake Mod

He's been doing pretty well since coming back from the injury and the promotion to Birmingham, though he has only played 5 games with them so far after playing 6 in Arizona.

10 for 22 (.455) with a HR and 6 RBI in AA. Hopefully he has a strong finish to the season for the last few games. He was doing pretty well with the Dash now that I'm looking at his stats.

The bad? 33 errors in 77 games this season...
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  4. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Pretty impressive to hit well at AA after a long layoff and no prior experience at such a high level.

With the Sox luck, he'll end up being a 2B, because they aren't allowed to have a solid position prospect at any other position, apparently.
  5. Pig

Finished up with 10 games with the Barons: 16-44 (.364), 1 HR, 7 RBI

:thumbsup:
  6. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Did he figure out how to catch the ball yet?
  7. Pig

3 errors in those 10 games... 34 in 82 game total in 2014.
  8. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

9. Zoso

Zoso *autistic screeching*

Only good organizations produce good prospects at the baller positions. We do well with 2B and LF.

:meh:
  10. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Don't forget some solid relievers!
  11. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

2B, LF, RP — cornerstones of all great organizations.
  12. Zoso

At least they don't draft catchers high ever. God I hate catchers.
  13. LuvSox

LuvSox Has genuine dislike for Sycked

Fun fact: Daver was a catcher
  14. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

Michelle was the pitcher.
    Ziggy likes this.
  15. Cheeses

Cheeses The canvas can do miracles Cupcake Mod

16. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

17. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

He hit for the cycle today.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Has Dysentery

He's no Brian Anderson though.
  19. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

20. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

I saw Anderson play last month in Glendale and again yesterday afternoon in Toledo. It's easy to see why the scouts like him so much. He consistently hit the ball hard and is fast as hell. 2-4, R, RBI, 2 SB (both 2B and 3B) yesterday.

I'm still concerned that he doesn't have to glove to stick at AAA, and he certainly could stand to walk more. Not much production so far in 2016, but he's been limited to only 13 games because of a minor wrist injury. Notably, he's only 22 years old, which makes him one of the youngest players in all of AAA.
  21. y2chae

y2chae Panda

He does need to develop better plate discipline and it'll be interesting to see if he can stick at SS, which moving to 2B is an option but Lawrie is doing really well so far. Perhaps he could be converted to CF? I don't want to impose a position change on a player who is still relatively new to the game though.
  22. Pig

It looks like he's still stealing and scoring despite the low BA so far. The hits will definitely come. He hit .316 at AA last year and the end of 2014.

I notice that he has played exclusively SS in the minors. Has there been any consideration for him playing anywhere else? I would think the questions over fielding 2B or even OF would be worthwhile to try.
  23. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

They're going to maximize Anderson's value by leaving him at SS until he forces them to move him. You generally leave a prospect as a SP, C, or SS until he conclusively proves that he can't handle it.

Given his age and relative lack of experience, the Sox could've had Anderson start the year at AA, and nobody with any sense would've batted an eye. The gulf between AA and AAA pitching is more style than talent. A lot of really talented pitchers don't spend much (or any) time at AAA. OTOH, there are a shitton of crafty AAAA vets who can fuck you up by changing speeds and such. The kind of junk that a prospect has never experienced before in his life. There's bound to be an adjustment period (especially if your wrist is bothering you).
  24. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

4-5, HR, SB, BB, 4 R, RBI today.

He's now hitting .277 overall and .545 over his last 5 games. His slash line for May is .347/.407/.449.

Whichever one of you dipshits thought he was done at age 22 can go suck a dick.
  25. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

26. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

That would be you know who... the guy who's been thankfully absent for the past few weeks.
  27. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Anthrax?
  28. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

3-4 tonight with a HR, SB, 2 R, and 2 RBI, raising his average to .291.

Seriously, Anthrax, go find a whole bag of dicks and do what you do best.
  29. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Cato Institute Shill

Anthrax seriously thought that Anderson was done?
    :mj:
  30. Zoso

:mj:
    Cheeses likes this.
  31. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

32. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

3-5 tonight, raising his average to .321.
  33. Cheeses

Time to END the Tim ANDERSON experiment?
  34. y2chae

y2chae Panda

He leads the IL in extra base hits. At this rate he will be a post super 2 call up
  35. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

"We talked not just with Timmy but with other guys about how the good ones sort of have a way of showing everybody what their time frame should be as opposed to sticking to a set schedule," Hahn said. "It certainly was our belief that Timmy had the potential to force that time frame, move off our original time frame of him likely spending the whole year in Charlotte. "His month of May showed you he needs to be in that conversation. A few weeks back, I had a national reporter ask me if we were concerned about Tim Anderson, so again, things can turn fairly quickly. But he certainly had a great offensive and defensive month in May, and he's starting to force the issue a little bit."

http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/181466792/prospect-tim-anderson-impressing-white-sox
  36. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

Takeaway: Basically Hahn can't take any sort of public position on anything because he doesn't have any actual decision making abilities.
    Retarded Ox likes this.
  37. samram

samram Bon Vivant

My takeaway is that they don't think they have a SS currently in the bigs that will get them through the whole season, so a few more good weeks from Anderson may get him a call up.
  38. Cheeses

Looking at Saladino's splits of late, I'd hate to not utilize him somewhere, but the only positions he's played are 1B, SS and 3B.

upload_2016-6-1_13-57-43.png
  39. y2chae

y2chae Panda

He's played 2B in the minors a bunch and if you can play SS in the majors, you can play 2B as well.

I like the idea of Anderson at SS and Saladino as the super utility
  40. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

He can play LF as well.
  41. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah I believe he could as well but baseball reference has no mention of him playing LF
  42. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Yeah it does. He played all 4 IF positions and LF for Charlotte.
  43. y2chae

y2chae Panda

44. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Oh wait their summary is off/retarded for some reason doesn't include the 59 innings he spent in LF
  45. Mercy

Mercy Contrarian

I see upon his promotion Anderson gave
    Thanks to man above[​IMG]
  46. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

when will the white christian male every catch a break?
    Deuce likes this.