White Sox Projected for 76 Wins (PECOTA)

Discussion in 'SOXual Healing' started by FedEx, Feb 7, 2017.

1. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Prospectus launched the first of their 2017 PECOTA projections today and the Chicago White Sox are pegged to go 76-86, good for 4th in the AL Central with only the Kansas City Royals (71-91) trailing.

Here are the individual player projections:

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 1.12.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 1.12.23 PM.png
  2. Alanzo

Alanzo Well-Known Member

Giovanni Soto slated to pitch 33 innings?

That's a lot of blowout mop-up duty.
  3. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Believe it or not, that's Giovanni Soto, the pitcher. Not Geovany Soto, the catcher.

Both of whom will be in White Sox spring training.
    Cheeses likes this.
  4. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

5. Cheeses

Cheeses Depraved Pervert, Wilco Fan Cupcake Mod

6. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Need to get rid of high WAR players to tank for Beer. I don't know what the hell Hahn is waiting for. Certainly there are some guys you can sit out and hold out for better offers but I find it hard to believe that at least half off Robertson, Jones, Quintana, Abreu, Frazier, Melky, Lawrie, Jennings can't be traded at this point.
  7. SABRSox

SABRSox Hollywood Mega-Hunk Bob Balaban Cupcake Mod

It's a buyer's market for hitters. Better to wait until the trade deadline at this point.
  8. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

You answered your own question. Silly goose!
    maurice likes this.
  9. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Well in the case of players like Jennings, Robertson, Melky I don't really see any better coming. Can Melky really do that much better than last year? Abreu, Frazier and Lawrie's values could jump if they come out hot, but it could also backfire if say Frazier declines again. Quintana I like that Hahn is trying to get a king's ransom for.
  10. Iwritecode

Iwritecode Writing Code Again

I'd be shocked if the Sox lost 91 AND were the worst team in the AL. In the last ten years the worst AL team has lost more than 91 games every single year. There were multiple years where the worst AL team had over 100 losses.
  11. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

:noshit:

These projections always slant to the middle - very rarely to teams get projected to win OR lose close to 100.
  12. y2chae

y2chae Panda

These projections are always conservative in both ways (they hardly ever project a team to win or lose 100 games). The worst team in the AL will most certainly have close to 100 wins.
  13. y2chae

y2chae Panda

IWMB beat me to it

:gar:
  14. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

15. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

They grossly misunderestimate the PT that will be given to Moncada, Burdi, and Fulmer.
  16. SABRSox

Do you think Moncada gets 400 ABs this year?
  17. Stockdale4Veep

Stockdale4Veep Knows the Dewey Decimal System

Can't even get projected to be as shitty as they need to be.
  18. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

19. chops

chops knows the brett favre of divorce

300-1, yeah, I'll still pass, 30k would be nice, but fuck that. i'd rather give my money to jeans or buy new jeans
  20. Unregistered

I'll take your money for sure, my pal.
  21. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Chips spends $100 on jeans?

:snob:
    chops likes this.
  22. SABRSox

To be fair, $100 doesn't buy you that many jeans.
  23. Deuce

Deuce Has Dysentery

How many is enough jeans? I think I have two pairs, and one shitty set to work in my fictional yard.
  24. Stockdale4Veep

Stockdale4Veep Knows the Dewey Decimal System

Can I still possibly win 30k?
    :praying:
  25. AnthraxFan93

AnthraxFan93 BASEBALL GURU

This team is failing to Suck! Fire Renteria he is not sucking enough!
  26. Unregistered

Don't you worry, they'll be plenty shitty this year.
  27. SABRSox

I have a rotation of about 6 pairs that I wear to work.
  28. Cheeses

I rotate 2 pairs of genes. I donated the rest of 'em a few months ago, and tossed a pair or two that were literally falling apart.
  29. whitesox901

whitesox901 Aubergine Dreams

Skinny jeans for me.
  30. chops

chops knows the brett favre of divorce

I have 2 pairs of nice jeans that I wear when not doing dirty jobs.
    I have a few pairs of shitty jeans that I wear when painting, doing yard work, and other house fixing haps. I'm thinking a few of them will be shit canned soon enough though, like this weekend.
  31. Cheeses

What constitutes "nice jeans"? Designer shit with fruity embroidery on the ass?
    CaptainBallz likes this.
  32. Unregistered

Dope shit like this [​IMG]
    CaptainBallz and Cheeses like this.
  33. AnthraxFan93

I have no idea how many pairs of jeans I own.. It's more than 1, and less than 40.
  34. y2chae

y2chae Panda

We actually want them to be in contention for the #1 pick though. Right now sadly the team with Q, Abreu, Frazier, Melky, Robertson, Jones... they've actually I think have too much talent to be a bottom 3 team.
  35. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

wear a belt with the genes?
  36. Cheeses

:deadhorse:

Yes, I wear a belt whenever I wear genes.
  37. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I have 3 pairs of jeans I usually rotate. A couple more "cheap" (non Levi's) jeans I bought when I was doing construction inspection outdoors that I never wear. I would get rid of them but I figure home ownership will be sometime soon in my future and need something to wear when doing shit around the house.
  38. AnthraxFan93

I don't see Q here that much longer. Abreu/Frazier might go at trading deadline. Robertson could go before ST ends if WBC performance is decent. Jones, Maybe trading deadline. I expect at least 4 of them gone between now and August 1.
  39. Unregistered

They're definitely not going to be bad enough for the #1 pick regardless, but yeah - I imagine everybody is for sale and Hahn is just waiting for good teams to get desperate once the season starts. They also got guys like Holland, who could be fairly decent, when they could have plugged in some farm kid to get knocked around and get "experience," so it seems that they're not completely trying to tank anyway.
  40. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Which is stupid because when you rebuild and aren't making the playoffs anyway, it's best to have the highest draft pick available, which is what the Cubs did. You get a much higher ceiling player drafting 1 through 3 vs 14 to 16 or whatever. Holland was signed as a sign and flip so you do want a guy like that to do well so they can get a good return for him.

I guess the counter to all this is throw Shields out there every 5 days and hope he continues his fine form.
  41. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Only guy in that list they could justify keeping all season is Abreu in the idea he can mentor his Cuban buddy Moncada and after a year if he does well, Abreu will still have a lot of value for a trade. Makes zero sense to keep anyone else.
    Fuller likes this.
  42. AnthraxFan93

IMO, keep Jose for one year then to mentor Moncada.. Figure at worst he is up by All-Star Break. Fraizer, I don't see a market for a 40HR, 160K guy making the money he is. Carter signed for 3M, now granted he doesn't play a premium position, which is where Todd's value comes into play. But 9M difference.. Yikes!

Other guys, agree no sense in keeping them here.
  43. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

In fact, they should do more of that. For example, sign one of the bats still on the market, like Pedro Alvarez. There are plenty of OF/DH ABs to go around without stunting the development of a youngster at this point.
  44. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yes, they should bring in more sign and flips. Surprised they didn't do that with Brett Anderson but he may have wanted to play for a contender.
    AnthraxFan93 likes this.
  45. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Under-statement of the year? The opening day lineup projects something like:
    1. Anderson 6
    2. Saladino 4
    3. Melky 7
    4. Abreu 3
    5. Frazier 5
    6. nobody dh
    7. nobody 9
    8. nobody 8
    9. nobody 2

:gun2:
  46. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

See you at the ballpark.

Going to Milwaukee for the saturday exhibition. Can't even begin to imagine the lineup for that.

47. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Moncada? Collins?

:praying:
  48. sycked

Will youse be there?
  49. sycked

I traded in my trues for some Robins
  50. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Probably. A bunch of other people are going.